yconic - Plastic Surgery
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Plastic Surgery

A photo of kaloolah kaloolah
For, against, don't know or don't care?
Why?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
29 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
There's a thin line between plastic surgery that makes you look good and plastic surgery that make you look weird. As soon as it's overdone, it just looks unnatural and ugly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
That's just pathetic; insecurity at it's highest point
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Against it unless it's for like a burn victim.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
Don't care, unless it's my girlfriend (then I'd rather she not).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Plastic surgery can be done if the person wants it. Doesn't matter for what reason, it will make them feel better, and it is their life, so it doesn;t involve anyone but them!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dancee dancee
I'm not entirely against it. If it's going to improve someone's life (such as a burns victim) then why not? You can't ok it for certain people's cosmetic needs and not for others. Though I'm not entirely against it, people who are perfectly fine and undergo adjustments need to be so careful. You really are playing with fire sometimes. My mum knew this lady who ended up getting a breast augmentation and was fine for the first few months. Then she started getting really bad migraines and pain in her chest. Turns out some of the silicone had "leaked" from the implant, travelled to her brain and she died as a result.

Yup, beauty kills.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jllama jllama

@Qq wrote

Some people have more to be insecure about than others. To each their own.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq

@jllama wrote

@Qq wrote

Some people face more stress, some face more depression, should that mean they should kill themselves by smoking?

If a person is more 'insecure' great - Deal with it properly, not with god damn plastic surgery,

The burn victim thing I guess it would depend on the situation
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stranger Stranger
I'm not against reconstructive surgery. I'm also not against little alterations (e.g. removing a mole). But if it's something like going to a DD cup from an A cup, then it's like ehhhhhh...

I wouldn't really care if someone I'm not close with got plastic surgery, but it'd be different if it was with my significant other. If I had a bf, I think I'd only be comfortable if the change was tiny.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jllama jllama

@Qq wrote

@jllama wrote

@Qq wrote

Some people face more stress, some face more depression, should that mean they should kill themselves by smoking?

If a person is more 'insecure' great - Deal with it properly, not with god damn plastic surgery,

The burn victim thing I guess it would depend on the situation

That just depends on whether or not you consider plastic surgery to be self destructive (like smoking). Pulling a Heidi Montag? Not the best idea. Getting a nose job? You'd probably turn out ok.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jackiem jackiem
against, there are wayyyy too many complications and things that could go wrong, and what if the end result was worse then you wanted, plus many times equiptment and etc have been left behind, just gross!! anyways wouldn't you want people to accept you for who you really are, what you really look like.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1

@dancee wrote
I'm not entirely against it. If it's going to improve someone's life (such as a burns victim) then why not? You can't ok it for certain people's cosmetic needs and not for others. Though I'm not entirely against it, people who are perfectly fine and undergo adjustments need to be so careful. You really are playing with fire sometimes. My mum knew this lady who ended up getting a breast augmentation and was fine for the first few months. Then she started getting really bad migraines and pain in her chest. Turns out some of the silicone had "leaked" from the implant, travelled to her brain and she died as a result.

Yup, beauty kills.

thats serious stuff.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan
I don't care if someone gets plastic surgery unless it's my significant other. There are several things about me that I don't like but I'm not going to do anything with them because I feel that I would never be happy with the corrections.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@leviaidan wrote
I don't care if someone gets plastic surgery unless it's my significant other.

If your significant other were to get plastic surgery, would you rather her become more or less feminine?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Jesseyeahh Jesseyeahh
Who cares? Do what you want with your body.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mariadelmar Mariadelmar
Every single candidate should undergo a psychological and psychiatric evaluation before going under the knife.

I'm always pro as long as it's used for medical purposes like burnt victims, birth malformations, accidents...

For mere pleasure or to cover insecurities, I personally would never do it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Phoenix-gurl Phoenix-gurl
I think that plastic surgery is wrong. Far to many people do it simply to make themselves look and feel better. They don't realize that their body is not the problem, it's their self-eesteem. No matter how pretty you are, if you have no confidence or don't love yourself for who you are, then you will always feel ugly. They also don't realize how bad plastic surgery is for their bodies and half the time they end up looking worse than they did before. I only think it is okay under certain circumstances, like for burn victims, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If someone is insecure about a physical feature of his or hers, then I see no problem with that person undergoing plastic surgery. My brother was insecure about a mole he had on his face (that pretty much no one other than himself really noticed... it was by no means disgusting), so he had it removed. While he'll admit that a simple fix like that hasn't made him happy, it has made him more confident and less concerned that people are looking at him for all the wrong reasons. He does have self-esteem issues, but having the mole removed definitely helped. I can't understand how a person would deem that "wrong". I mean, very few people believe plastic surgery is going to cure their woes. It just helps, especially when you're really superficial, as most people with low self-esteem are.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NcashDuv NcashDuv
I dont see it as a big deal if someone really wants it. I personally am not interested in it, The body is a vessel for our minds and souls and doesnt necessarily reflect who we are. We shouldnt worry so much about what others think of our outside but more about whats inside of us.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote

@leviaidan wrote
I don't care if someone gets plastic surgery unless it's my significant other.

If your significant other were to get plastic surgery, would you rather her become more or less feminine?

I just noticed this. lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemony lemony
I have no problems with people who get plastic surgeries, though I would probably never get it done myself (just like how I wouldn't get a tattoo).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of karapalmer karapalmer
Anything, including plastic surgery, that is done out of moderation is bad. As long as you are responsible with it and don't go too far then I think it's fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom

@karapalmer wrote
Anything, including plastic surgery, that is done out of moderation is bad. As long as you are responsible with it and don't go too far then I think it's fine.

"Plastic surgery in moderation, my dear." Sounds a bit odd, doesn't it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0