yconic - Please chance me at Schulich, Rotman Commerce, and UTSC co-op Management
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Please chance me at Schulich, Rotman Commerce, and UTSC co-op Management

A photo of cocoappleli cocoappleli
Current marks:
English: 84
Data Management: 92
Sports Marketing: 92
Advanced Functions: 97

Of course, I want to bump all the marks up.... But currently that's where they're at...

Extra curriculars:
2010: Auditioned and got in for a contest (but didn't win)
2010: Wrote for the school newspaper
2011: Played on the school's talent show
2011: Joined the school peer tutor program as a tutor
2009-2011: Volunteered at Kids Help Phone
Attended different work shops at Kids Help Phone
Organized a small fndraising activity in the community
2009-2011: Volunteered at hopsital
Help distributing reading materials to waiting rooms and interact with patients
Volunteered at the hospital's day care centre by assisting children with activities, preparing for and cleaning up from craft and play activities, and helping children with outdoor-wear
Taking piano lessons
Go to church and help out with cleaning and organizing small activities
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Your chances for Schulich really depend on the remaining two marks in your top 6. I'd say you're pretty guaranteed for the remaining programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CMA2014 CMA2014

@cocoappleli wrote
Current marks:
English: 84 you must be illiterate
Data Management: 92
Sports Marketing: 92
Advanced Functions: 97

Of course, I want to bump all the marks up.... But currently that's where they're at...

Extra curriculars:
2010: Auditioned and got in for a contest (but didn't win) not a real EC
2010: Wrote for the school newspaper no leadership, also, not a real EC
2011: Played on the school's talent show not a real EC
2011: Joined the school peer tutor program as a tutor ...and? no leadership/teamwork
2009-2011: Volunteered at Kids Help Phone community involvement.. ok. no leadership though
Attended different work shops at Kids Help Phone
Organized a small fndraising activity in the community how much did you raise?
2009-2011: Volunteered at hopsital no leadership
Help distributing reading materials to waiting rooms and interact with patients
Volunteered at the hospital's day care centre by assisting children with activities, preparing for and cleaning up from craft and play activities, and helping children with outdoor-wear
Taking piano lessons
Go to church and help out with cleaning and organizing small activities

1. No work experiences
2. No leadership/team working positions
3. No student government? Too unpopular to get elected?
4. No varsity sports?? Not even sports clubs?

I'm glad that you know your place and that you're not wasting your money by applying to Ivey or Queen's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maynards maynards
Although what CMA said was kinda harsh, I do agree.
none of those activities have substance in them that can show off much of the qualities they are looking for. such as attending work shops, that doesn't show anything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Redprince Redprince
I agree with what onlymatthew said, you do have a chance and I totally disagree with what CMA said. You have a lot of volunteer experience which makes your supplementary for schulich good. Just make sure that the remaining two courses that will be in your prerequisite increase your average. For the two courses aim for a (92+)

Good luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
Don't let 'others' discourage you from applying to the university of your choice. From what i've heard from reading previous posts is that Schulich does not even bother with your supplementary form if you pass their average cutoff. So, if its not too late try to bump up the english mark and do well on your remaining two courses. Keeping in mind that you do exceptionally well on the prequisite courses for the programs your applying to. Your ECs may not show much leadership qualities. But hey, you still have time to commit yourself to clubs outside of school, if not in school. Good luck! (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0