yconic - Please help me pick UWO first year courses for Health Science&AEO
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Please help me pick UWO first year courses for Health Science&AEO

A photo of Angiem Angiem
Please give your input about these course easy/hard, good/bad profs, grades....

1000 Classical Civilization(Classical Studies)

1022A/B Earth Rocks (Earth Science) What does A and B mean, do I have to take both, its a 0.5 course so by taking both would it be 1.0

1081 A/B Earth Science, again what's A & B

1021 F/G Environmental Issues, what's F and G, can I choose or do I have to take both

1020E Poli Science

1021E Introduction to Socilolgy

1024A/B Introduction to Stat

Which Biology is easier...1001a&1002B or 1201A&1201B?

Thank You so much:)

Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Angiem Angiem
Anyone?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ameltingbanana ameltingbanana

@Angiem wrote
Please give your input about these course easy/hard, good/bad profs, grades....

1000 Classical Civilization(Classical Studies)

1022A/B Earth Rocks (Earth Science) What does A and B mean, do I have to take both, its a 0.5 course so by taking both would it be 1.0

1081 A/B Earth Science, again what's A & B

1021 F/G Environmental Issues, what's F and G, can I choose or do I have to take both

1020E Poli Science

1021E Introduction to Socilolgy

1024A/B Introduction to Stat

Which Biology is easier...1001a&1002B or 1201A&1201B?

Thank You so much:)

Okay, A/B and F/G designation means the course can be taken in EITHER semester, with A being semester 1 and B being semester 2. F/G follows the same pattern, it just means that it's also designated as an ESSAY course (you need 2.0 of these in your degree to graduate).

As for which Bio is easier...I believe 1201 corresponds to what was Bio 1222 when I was in first year. The material is similar to 1001/1002, but a bit easier I believe. However, 1001/1002 have Haffie and Maxwell, who are awesome profs and the subject material is much more interesting (I believe), so I did well. Sociology is really hard, from what I hear - I think the prof in question is Kim Luton, and I hear she's terrible. I took stats second year, but I heard the first year stats wasn't too bad at all, with a third of it being graphing. I also remember hearing classics was really easy. That's probably all the input I can give you based on these courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Angiem Angiem
Thanks Ameltingbanana!
Every bit helps:) The biggest issue I am having is with Category B courses because I want to finish them in first year, I don't know how those are in later years.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
All I can do is agree with ameltingbanana and say that Earth Rocks (aka "rocks for jocks") is apparently an easy course.
Was this helpful? Yes 0