yconic - PLEASE HELP ME!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

PLEASE HELP ME!!

A photo of soheil253 soheil253
today i recieved by first data management mark of 37%!. i am getting 37 in mdm4u1 D:. but 85 and 90s in everything else besides data management. can i still get atleast a 70 in data?

first sem1 final
ENG4U: 78
BOH4M: 84
HRE4M1: 85

SEM 2 so far
MDM4U1: 37
CIA4U: 91
AMU4M1 85

i already got into ryerson, york, guelph humber, and i dont wana lose my offerrss :(((
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Katarina101 Katarina101
Bro, you're not the only one doing bad in data, I have it this semester and I want to cry every day, I got a 60 on my first test, and a 30 on a quiz. Horrible! This is why I took 7 courses instead of 6, so one mark wouldm't be in my top 6 which is data. As long as I pass, universities won't see it. So you have an 82 average first semester, exactaly same as mine. Yes you can get a 70, you just have to practice, practice and practice harder! If you're not putting in the effort you will do bad (like me). The semester just started, you can do good. Last semester I was getting a 67 in philosophy and I finished with an 81, you can do it. I don't know which unit you're on but i've done permuations and combinations, and I heard the statistics unit is killer. Ask if you need anything else. And if you don't mind me asking, which programs did you apply for, it makes a difference when accepting. All I need for York is a 77 average, and I accepted my offer, depends on the program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki
I dont even get how you could do this horrible in MDM4U, when i took it last semester, it wasnt that challenging at all...

Maybe consider a victory lap if data is a prerequisite for your program, if not, then just try and get the credit and ur done :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 067978791 067978791

@Joshki wrote
I dont even get how you could do this horrible in MDM4U, when i took it last semester, it wasnt that challenging at all...

Maybe consider a victory lap if data is a prerequisite for your program, if not, then just try and get the credit and ur done :)

Different Schools = different teachers = different standards

some schools are just harder than other schools. ive seen my friend's tests and quizes (he goes to another school) and they were way shorter than mine but they had the same time limit.the questions were similar in difficulty though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of History History
You got into York's Administrative studies?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@soheil253 wrote
today i recieved by first data management mark of 37%!. i am getting 37 in mdm4u1 D:. but 85 and 90s in everything else besides data management. can i still get atleast a 70 in data?

first sem1 final
ENG4U: 78
BOH4M: 84
HRE4M1: 85

SEM 2 so far
MDM4U1: 37
CIA4U: 91
AMU4M1 85

i already got into ryerson, york, guelph humber, and i dont wana lose my offerrss :(((

bro think realistically. It will be difficult for you to raise your mark if you're doing poorly this early on. Go to private school. Honestly as long as you get into your program, nobody cares how you got there. You don't want to regret not getting into any business programs and victory lapping for one course is pointless.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of soheil253 soheil253
i got a tutor. il see how my next test goes. i think i will be accepting my guelph humber offer because my math mark is so low and i would die in ryerson
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lilahaj lilahaj
data is the hardest math class I've taken, trust me, the first two probability units are the worst! the rest gets easier :) just stick to it and your mark will go up! I know someone who failed the first test and got nearly perfect on every other test, the teacher was even nice enough to do a replacement test for the first one!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted