yconic - Please Help!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Please Help!

A photo of apex123 apex123
Okay, so I'm in grade 11 and didn't do so well in my first semester. I barely did my homework and constantly slacked off. My math mark was 66. physics 70 and computer science 84.

I'm doing a lot better this semester( getting a 92 in chem and 86 in english).

Anyways I was wondering if I should take both math and physics in summer school to boost my mark up or take a 12U course like Canadian Law.

I know I'm not going to slack off next year because its do or die for me.

I'm really confused and don't know what to do right now. Should I take a easy course like Law or re-take grade 11 math and physics? Will taking those grade 11 courses again even help me for my admissions?

I have six courses next year ( Advanced functions, calculus, english, physics, chemistry and some business course)

I'm planning on going into computer science.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of YipAlpha YipAlpha
Unless you are going for early acceptance, I believe most universities only care about your grade 12 marks, not your grade 11 marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apex123 apex123
Would it still help to re take those grade 11 courses in summer school?

My guidance counselor told me they look at 12 and 11 :(

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Don't worry about your marks this year. Don't waste your time repeating courses. Do some programming over the summer get into some contests maybe and do better next year and you'll be ok. They look at your marks this year but they don't reali mean anything unless your going for early acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of merm123 merm123

@apex123 wrote
Would it still help to re take those grade 11 courses in summer school?

My guidance counselor told me they look at 12 and 11 :(

Grade 11 is only for early acceptance. Ultimately it's your choice whether you want to take those courses again in summer school, but I think it's unnecessary. Just work harder in grade 12.
Was this helpful? Yes 0