yconic - Please Help!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Please Help!

A photo of apex123 apex123
Okay, so I'm in grade 11 and didn't do so well in my first semester. I barely did my homework and constantly slacked off. My math mark was 66. physics 70.

I did much better in the second semester ( 88 in chem and english)

Anyways I am taking math and physics again in summer school (parents are forcing me) and am getting a 95 in math so far ( i know it doesn't really matter) . I was wondering if waterloo, or any university will frown upon my grade 11 repeated courses?

I know grade 11 marks don't matter that much and am not that worried because I'm sure I'll do well next year. However, will waterloo penalize me for repeating grade 11 courses?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of sllencer sllencer
A.... from what I know and hear ( quite a bit ), no they won't give a damn. GRade 11 marks are only considered for early admissions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
No. It doesn't matter. Now some scholarships do consider grade 11 marks, I'm not sure how they would treat that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
No, don't stress about grade 11 too much.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011
No university will frown on you for repeating grade 11 courses. They only care if you repeat final year courses. Don't stress on it, and just make sure your grade 12 year goes well. Are your parents are giving you a hard time?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Respects wrote
waste.. you should've taken a Gr.12 course in summer school. I failed Gr.11 math and barely passed by science courses and still got early admission into Waterloo into a coop program. They don't care about Gr.11 marks at all.

I tried taking a grade 12 course ( like law) but my guidance counsellor scared my parents.. and they forced me to take math and physics again...

@superstar2011 wrote
No university will frown on you for repeating grade 11 courses. They only care if you repeat final year courses. Don't stress on it, and just make sure your grade 12 year goes well. Are your parents are giving you a hard time?

Thanks, and not really...they're just worried. :)

Should I go to summer school for the last 2 weeks of July for physics? Or should I just forget about it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If you have a choice, I'd say there isn't much you could gain from going to summer school for the last two weeks for physics. That is, unless you are planning to take Physics 12.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

What if I am planning to take grade 12 physics?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Then it might be worth retaking in the summer. You want to know the grade 11 stuff well enough to prep for it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Sorry for the bump but i just wanted to say that i'm doing much better this year. I had a 66 in math last year and got a 90( on the dot) in advanced functions on my midterm. I also got an 80 in grade 12 physics ( its a 78 now i think).

:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0