yconic - please, I really need some opinions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

please, I really need some opinions

A photo of Adui Adui
What's your opinion on applying to either geography or environmental studies?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of riverbkstar riverbkstar
I understand where your coming from. It seems lik e a pratical education to get in university. not 2 hard doesnt require high high high marks. but re evaluate this program. you want a field that A. will pay well and B actually give you a job once you get out of school right. who wants to be poor till they r 28 5 yrs after graduation still being a cashier or waiter because they cant find a job in what they loved to do? its a good job IF u can find one. and thats a big If. you dont see ads everywhere for environmental specilaists. you see ads for doctors. i know that might not be what you want but if this truly is make sure you kow what your getting into . dont take it to take it. take it cuz u wanna do it and it will be a job for u in 4 5 years if not then i dont recomend it. however if its what you want go for it. it may not be a best job but ur happiness is what counts
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Saruna Saruna
I considered going into environmental studies for a long time, but instead chose geography since it seemed like a better fit for what I want to do when I graduate, which is go into urban planning. But I think with a field like geography, and even environmental studies, you should be prepared to get a masters degree since its hard to find a really good, stable job in this economy. So if you really like one, study it. Then if you cannot find a job right away and your marks were good, you might be able to get another degree to make you more competitive.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik
Unlike what the others are saying, I think that opportunities will come up once you're doing your degree. I mean, you don't necessarily HAVE to BE an environmentalist, I'm sure there will be more options. On the other hand, a masters IS a good idea like Saruna said, or you could get a law degree and become an environmental lawyer, or you could go to teachers college after university and become a geography teacher.
Options are open. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted