yconic - POLL: U of T or RYERSON for MECHANICAL ENG.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

POLL: U of T or RYERSON for MECHANICAL ENG.

A photo of rajh rajh
I have gotten offers to UT, UW, Ryerson, Mac and UOIT but my choices are UT and Ryerson since I live in Toronto. I am having a tough choice choosing between Ryerson's and UT's Mechanical Engineering.

I heard UT Mech is good, but it is hard. Will I be able to have a life at UT?
Ryerson on the other hand is less tedious.
However, which of these will give me a higher chance of landing a job after graduation?

The problem is I have good marks in high school, but don't do much work.
Physics 89
Adv. Fn 90
English 83
Earth and Space High 80's
Calculus 85
Accounting 95
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of groovy3000 groovy3000
I'm going to U of T in September so I don't have any experience at either, but my brother is in U of T. He Knows a friend in Ryerson engineering and apparently it is a much worse program than at U of T engineering. My brother says U of T is much harder than Ryerson and I'm guessing you have a much better chance of getting a job after U of T than at Ryerson, especially with U of T's professional experience year.

I wanted to go to university in Toronto so I applied to Ryerson too, but there was no contest, I chose U of T right away. If you are lazy you should take Ryerson but otherwise I would go to U of T if I were you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rajh rajh

@groovy3000 wrote
I'm going to U of T in September so I don't have any experience at either, but my brother is in U of T. He Knows a friend in Ryerson engineering and apparently it is a much worse program than at U of T engineering. My brother says U of T is much harder than Ryerson and I'm guessing you have a much better chance of getting a job after U of T than at Ryerson, especially with U of T's professional experience year.

I wanted to go to university in Toronto so I applied to Ryerson too, but there was no contest, I chose U of T right away. If you are lazy you should take Ryerson but otherwise I would go to U of T if I were you.

What exactly did your brother's friend mean by "worse"?
And what does your brother say about U of T Engineering? Is it really hard? and which program? Is it like full-time studies?
Was this helpful? Yes 0