yconic - Popular McMaster Electives
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Popular McMaster Electives

A photo of Schen Schen
What are some popular McMaster electives for first years?

I have 9 units to choose from. So far I'm considering psychology 1X03 and Calculus for Life Sciences 1LS3. I'm still debating my last (one term) elective. Any other suggestions?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
I took PSYCH 1X03, MATH 1LS3 and PHYSICS 1L03 as my 1st year electives. PHYSICS 1B03/1BB3, MATH 1A03/1AA3, ECON 1B03/1BB3 and SOCIOLOGY 1A06 are also very popular.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
^ Congrats on the vet school acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
^ Congrats on the vet school acceptance.

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Schen Schen

@inthemaking wrote
I took PSYCH 1X03, MATH 1LS3 and PHYSICS 1L03 as my 1st year electives. PHYSICS 1B03/1BB3, MATH 1A03/1AA3, ECON 1B03/1BB3 and SOCIOLOGY 1A06 are also very popular.

I'm just curious, why did you choose Physics 1L03 over Physics 1B03? Did you take 12U physics?

Thanks a lot,

Schen
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jensaur jensaur
Between Math 1A03 and 1SL3, which one is harder? I've registered for Math 1A03.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Schen Schen
Math 1LS3 is relatively easier compared to 1A03. 1LS3 is pretty much a review of grade 12 Calculus with an few additions of concepts like integration and cowebbing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of danselikeme danselikeme

@Schen wrote
Math 1LS3 is relatively easier compared to 1A03. 1LS3 is pretty much a review of grade 12 Calculus with an few additions of concepts like integration and cowebbing.

its for science studnets.. like if your going for a bio degree. if your studying math for eg, you take anothe rone
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Schen wrote

@inthemaking wrote

I'm just curious, why did you choose Physics 1L03 over Physics 1B03? Did you take 12U physics?

Thanks a lot,

Schen

I never took grade 12 physics, just grade 11 in summer school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0