yconic - possibility for waterloo chemical engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

possibility for waterloo chemical engineering

A photo of maelong maelong
i know no one knows it for sure, but i don't have enough info for waterloo and thought u guys might know

my mark dropped to 83.8 because of diploma, do i have a chance?

For ut, i could easily find average admission for last 3years, but for waterloo i don't know where it is... so

Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of plaidboy plaidboy
head of admissions told me chemical engineering was usually around the 90 for cutoff, what do you mean by diploma?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AspiringStudent2012 AspiringStudent2012

@plaidboy wrote
head of admissions told me chemical engineering was usually around the 90 for cutoff, what do you mean by diploma?

Does that mean you must have a 90 average in order to even be considered, or can you still be accepted if your average is below that?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
If you have a strong AIF, it would help you a lot. A 90 cutoff sounds a little high though; maybe they meant that the last year's entering average was 90? :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
I don't believe that the cutoff is 90...chemical is supposed to be one of the "easier" disciplines at Waterloo, and Waterloo's overall admission average for engineering is 89 on the dot, so I don't see how chemical engineering's cutoff (or even admission average) is above it. I'm pretty sure only tron/syde/nano have cutoffs and admission averages that high..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maaz94 maaz94

@maelong wrote
i know no one knows it for sure, but i don't have enough info for waterloo and thought u guys might know

my mark dropped to 83.8 because of diploma, do i have a chance?

For ut, i could easily find average admission for last 3years, but for waterloo i don't know where it is... so

Can u tell me where u did you find the uoft admission averages for the last 3 years ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@plaidboy wrote

we have to take a provincial test for each subjects that worth 50%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

http://www.engineering.utoronto.ca/Assets/AppSci+Digital+Assets/pdf/faculty+council+minutes/Admissions+Cycle+2011+%28Report+3318%29.pdf

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ninetyfour wrote
If you have a strong AIF, it would help you a lot. A 90 cutoff sounds a little high though; maybe they meant that the last year's entering average was 90? :S

do you have 94average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour

@maelong wrote

@ninetyfour wrote

do you have 94average?

Lol not really, that would be pretty vain of me :P My username was based off my birth year, not my average haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plaidboy plaidboy
I'm pretty sure when he said 90 average, it includes the AIF average increase because chemical engineering is mid-80s instead of high-80s. If you don't have anything great on your AIF, then you probably would need a 90 to get into the program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0