yconic - Possible Offer Withdrawl UWO?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Possible Offer Withdrawl UWO?

A photo of reptdot11 reptdot11
I got accepted to Western a couple of days ago for Social Science. When I applied, my overall mark was 85%. However, this term, my mark has been dropping.. The crazy cramming by the teachers is doing nothing but lowering my mark.. basically Western gave me a conditional offer saying that if I don't get at least an 82% overall at the end of the year, they have the right and may revoke my offer. To be honest, it's going to be really tight, I might be able to get 80 in my second term. Also, exams have been historically bad for me.. anyways, if I do get an 81 as my final average, will Western revoke my offer? In terms of the requirements, how strict are they? I'm still going to work hard to the end, but it would take off some pressure if I knew more about the required marks.. Thanks, i know it's a long read, but I really appreciate you guys taking your time to help me out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23

@reptdot11 wrote
I got accepted to Western a couple of days ago for Social Science. When I applied, my overall mark was 85%. However, this term, my mark has been dropping.. The crazy cramming by the teachers is doing nothing but lowering my mark.. basically Western gave me a conditional offer saying that if I don't get at least an 82% overall at the end of the year, they have the right and may revoke my offer. To be honest, it's going to be really tight, I might be able to get 80 in my second term. Also, exams have been historically bad for me.. anyways, if I do get an 81 as my final average, will Western revoke my offer? In terms of the requirements, how strict are they? I'm still going to work hard to the end, but it would take off some pressure if I knew more about the required marks.. Thanks, i know it's a long read, but I really appreciate you guys taking your time to help me out.

If you drop below 82 they have every right to revoke you

You can always appeal if you are just below by 1%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nfabiano nfabiano
Now they're only counting top 6 for this, correct? Not overall average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17

@nfabiano wrote
Now they're only counting top 6 for this, correct? Not overall average?

Correct. Only your top six 12U/M courses are ever taken into account.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of reptdot11 reptdot11
So is it like an automatic withdrawl? I'm really nervous right now.. I don't want to accept and offer, and then last minute know that I might get rejected.. do any of you know any further information on the conditional offer? So basically if you don't meet the requirements, you cannot go to any other universities? Thanks for you time answering..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
You can go to other universities, I heard you have to call them to take you back. But instead of taking the time to worry about your marks going down, use the time to do your homework! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0