yconic - Possibly changing programs
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Possibly changing programs

A photo of Penguineer Penguineer
Okay, so I applied to UOttawa Biochem/Chemical Engineering program
I received an early acceptance last month but now Im wondering if I can change the program I applied to.
I know that you can change it through ouac, but can i still change it if Ive already been accepted? Im assuming my early accpetance will be cancelled if I try to change it?
The thing is, I want to change to simply Chemical engineering. If I were to call would they just transfer me into that department since I kind of already got accepted for it? I assume I would have the same classes since Im only dropping the Biochem part.
Also the entrance average for this program is lower than the one I got into.

I just want to make sure I try everything before I pester them by calling.
Any ideas?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of g93 g93
E-mail?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VanessaGlasby VanessaGlasby
Changing programs during your first year is no big deal... I actually did it myself (I switched from political science to sociology). For right now, you could try contacting the registrar's office at the university either via phone or e-mail. Otherwise, it's quite easy to change programs after you get there by talking to the head of your department. Don't stress out about it too much, it's really not a problem!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jordan23 Jordan23
On OUAC, can I still change a program I applied for to another program at a different school? Is it too late?
Was this helpful? Yes 0