yconic - Post-Secondary Students: Do you actually "read" during your reading week?
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Post-Secondary Students: Do you actually "read" during your reading week?

For most Ontario universities, reading week next week! Like many students, I personally believe we are long overdue for a nice little break. The purpose of the break is to give students the opportunity to relieve stress – the name is simply ironic. Here’s a few ideas of how you can spend your reading week:

Read
You could try actually making a list of books and read them for pleasure. If you’re anything like me, it’s super difficult to pick up a book for pleasure during the school year! You have a whole week, try reading a book or two. I have a book on my book shelf I’ve been patiently waiting until I had time to read it. There’s no better time than the present!

Travel
You have a whole week to be stress-free. Sure you may have assignments, tests, and midterms left when you return to school, but for a whole week you’re not obligated to do anything. Try travelling during the downtime of reading week. When I say travel, I don’t necessarily mean venturing to the warm beaches of Mexico, it could be a simple day-trip somewhere local with some friends! I’m planning on going on a staycation to Niagara Falls this week for a small getaway.

Pick up an extra shift
Having a whole week off is a great opportunity to pick up some extra shifts at your part-time job (or in my case, my full-time job.) A little extra money for bills, and expenses is great, or you can save it for rainy day! 

Do you actually read during your reading week? If not, how do you spend your week?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
If by "read" you mean sitting in front of my computer with a box of tissues and bottle of lotion while stroking my love muscle, sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0