yconic - Postal Strike + OSAP pages
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Postal Strike + OSAP pages

A photo of thereishope thereishope
how do we get the declaration forms to the financial offices during the postal strike?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of g93 g93
I was thinking fax maybe. I could drop it off at UW (15 mins away), but faxing would be easier. For others it wouldn't be so easy to drop it off.

If you find out, let me know. If I find out, I will post here.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gleipnir gleipnir
I'm pretty sure they specifically mention that faxing is not acceptable. I was thinking using a service like UPS...but it would've been so much more convenient (not to mention cheaper) to just use Canada post! Arrgh stupid strike :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Fasih Fasih
I think my dad is just going to take it to FedEx
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
The lesson here is to not let unions interfere with services we use and need everyday. Unfortunately you'll have to courier it in with FedEx or Purolator or UPS.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Wade3 Wade3
Are the signatures due on the 17th too? I submitted my application online on the 12th.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@ARMY101 wrote
The lesson here is to not let unions interfere with services we use and need everyday. Unfortunately you'll have to courier it in with FedEx or Purolator or UPS.

+ 1

They said something like "they don't want to inconvenience anyone too much" - what do you call locks on the mailboxes?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mikey12y mikey12y
Need help with this haha. FML strikes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx

@Wade3 wrote
Are the signatures due on the 17th too? I submitted my application online on the 12th.

It depends when you applied
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jzliu jzliu
I always thought postal services should be deemed as an essential service...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

On Osap's website it says you cannot fax. But uhm I was wondering where do we have to send the documents. I know we have to send it to the universities financial offices, but other then that anywhere else? or are we done after that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh and I just got this e-mail

Dear OSAP Student,
Important information about your OSAP application is now available. Please log into the OSAP website and select "OSAP for Full-Time Students" in order to check the status of your applications. If you are receiving this e-mail on a web-enabled mobile device you may also check your status using OSAP Mobile link at https://osap.gov.on.ca/OsapMobileWeb/login/landing.xhtml.

Please note that this is an automatic e-mail and any reply will not be answered.

It's giving me a different estimate through this log-in.. Kinda confused about this email what do they want me to do lol?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mikey12y wrote
It's giving me a different estimate through this log-in.. Kinda confused about this email what do they want me to do lol?

They don't want you to do anything :scratch: They sent you the email to tell you to check your account.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Alright thanks but do you have an answer for my post before that one?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mikey12y wrote
Alright thanks but do you have an answer for my post before that one?

It goes to your school's financial aid office, just as you suspected.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chbaobao chbaobao
I believe reading it somewhere that you can send it to your NEAREST financial aid office, not yours specifically.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@chbaobao wrote
I believe reading it somewhere that you can send it to your NEAREST financial aid office, not yours specifically.

Uh, no. Your school's financial aid office handles your loan.
Was this helpful? Yes 0