yconic - prerequisites for computer science at university of toronto
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

prerequisites for computer science at university of toronto

A photo of pepper pepper
I know you need to have taken calculus and english to get into the program, I was just wondering if there was a minimum mark in those courses like in university of waterloo. If there is a minimum mark what is it. Can I get in with a 70% in calculus.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of aimango aimango
dude if you have a 70 in calculus.. you will do poorly at waterloo, its true. and no, your math marks should be at least 75 for CS.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
Not to mention the fact that your life will quickly turn into a miserable cesspit of despair if you come to UofT or UW for CS with those marks. Best find another program where things will be more manageable. The only reason I'm telling you this is because I know of people who've failed pretty badly with the kind of high school marks that you have now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pepper pepper
That mark I gave you was a hypothetical question. I was using that mark as an example, I just wanted to know if there was a minimum mark required in the prerequisite course.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@pepper wrote
That mark I gave you was a hypothetical question. I was using that mark as an example, I just wanted to know if there was a minimum mark required in the prerequisite course.

Fair enough; no worries. At least 75% for Waterloo. UofT should probably be similar.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@pepper wrote

Fair enough; no worries. At least 75% for Waterloo. UofT should probably be similar.

I'm pretty sure that it's 70% for Waterloo.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gztuitui gztuitui
Best locate one more plan exactly where factors might be a great deal more manageable. The only purpose I'm telling you this really is simply because i am aware of folks who've failed fairly badly using the sort of substantial college represents which you have now.
Pearl Pendant
Was this helpful? Yes 0