yconic - Prerequisites
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Prerequisites

A photo of brady23 brady23
Hey guys, the prerequisites for Engineering are:

1) ENG4U
2) SCH4U
3) SPH4U
4) MHF4U
5) One of MCV4U, MDM4U, SBI4U or SES4U
6) Any course (U/M)

The courses I've planned for next year are: English (Summer School), and 8 courses for the school year: French, Functions, Calculus, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Economics, Computer Science.

I know acceptance is usually during May of the school year. But if I took Data in the following summer after acceptance, and it bumps my admission average from 88% to 90%, or 93% to 95%. For example, maybe I'll only get a 70 in Bio and Calculus, but a 90 in Data in Summer School. Would I be able to get a higher entrance scholarship after acceptance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
You mean.. taking the course over the summer after your grade 12 year, right.. so summer of graduation?
I'm pretty sure universities won't look at anything you take after your grade 12 year is over, or everyone would be doing that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of brady23 brady23
So if someone has an average of 89.9% at the end of grade 12, they can't upgrade one of their courses to bump it to a 90.0%?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I don't THINK so, but I can't be 100% about that..
But I mean, I've never heard of anyone doing it personally..
If that was allowed, I would think at least 50% of applicants and newly admitted students would be doing that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of waazup waazup
I'm pretty sure if you have 89+ you can get the 90+ scholarship, and I am almost certain they wouldn't deny you if you had 89.9.

Unless the program to decide scholarships is all computerized where you need to have the minimum no matter what.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kyleigh711 kyleigh711
It depends on the school. Some will update your scholarship at any time if your average increases, others use your average at the time of admission. Try calling the school your interested in to ask.

Also, most scholarships that say 90+ really mean that! If you have a 89.9, that probably won't be enough.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of saber33 saber33

@waazup wrote
I'm pretty sure if you have 89+ you can get the 90+ scholarship, and I am almost certain they wouldn't deny you if you had 89.9.

Unless the program to decide scholarships is all computerized where you need to have the minimum no matter what.

They round go to the first decimal place. If you have 89.9, you're not getting the scholarship.
Was this helpful? Yes 0