yconic - President's entrance scholarship of ubc!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

President's entrance scholarship of ubc!

A photo of el0607 el0607
does anyone know how does ubc run the entrance scholarship? about what percentage would be warded scholarship this year? any help would be appreciate!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
It's the same every year.
I think if you have at least an A average, you get 1k.
If you have something over 90.. it's about 3k.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of el0607 el0607
i got accepted by ubc arts, my average is 94.5. I just phoned the office, the guy told me arts probably don't care so much about math, physics, or chemisry. anyhow, he said there's no way to modify the scholarship. so...i guess that's how i missed the scholarship!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh wow I'm surprised you didn't apply for Sciences with such high math/science marks.
But yeah, I think Arts would be looking more for languages and humanities kind of courses.
I'm pretty sure you'll get some kind of automatic entrance scholarship with such a high average though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of el0607 el0607
the president's entrance scholarship is automatically warded students which based on their average. i got confused in the fisrt place. i think all the applicants must have very high grades this year. the guy on the phone told me there was a student with 95 average but still no scholarship.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

That's very strange, definitely sounds kinda weird to me.
If it's an automatic scholarship, everyone who gets in should be able to get the scholarship if they have the grades.
Everyone I know who went to UBC last year got one.
=/
Was this helpful? Yes 0