yconic - Prestige or Easy school?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Prestige or Easy school?

A photo of hamsterpower7 hamsterpower7
For undergrad, it doesn't matter.
Do you really think you learn a different "calculus I" or "linear algebra I" depending on what school you pick?
Honestly?
YOu don't. Calculus is calculus, and linear algebra is linear algebra.

Pick an easy school if you want. Pick one that gets you the best scholarship. Pick the one that's closest. Hell, pick the one that's furthest away.

All that matters is that you get your degree. It's the same everywhere. Grad school is a different story, though.

The US will recognize schools here. They haven't heard of any of the ones here, but they will surely let you in if you have research, recommendations, good grades, etc - basically, all the standard stuff.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
For undergrad, it doesn't matter.
Do you really think you learn a different "calculus I" or "linear algebra I" depending on what school you pick?
Honestly?
YOu don't. Calculus is calculus, and linear algebra is linear algebra.

Pick an easy school if you want. Pick one that gets you the best scholarship. Pick the one that's closest. Hell, pick the one that's furthest away.

All that matters is that you get your degree. It's the same everywhere. Grad school is a different story, though.

The US will recognize schools here. They haven't heard of any of the ones here, but they will surely let you in if you have research, recommendations, good grades, etc - basically, all the standard stuff.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Go to an easier university with a pretty good reputation. Western,Mac,York,Guelph
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of OscarUK OscarUK
Academics
Social life
Course structure/content
Facilities
Cost
Rank these in order of importance, look at what schools best fit's your ranking, send your applications.
Was this helpful? Yes 0