yconic - Prestige or Manageability
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Prestige or Manageability

A photo of Justin604 Justin604
Hey folks, just wanted you guys views on choosing a university for pre-med studies. Would you choose a university with a more prestigious background or would you choose a university with an easier more manageable university? Prestige because of where you're from; with the degree worth more.

I'm curious as to which would be the better choice in the long run for undergrad studies:

UBC or UVIC ?
(Prestige) or (Manageability)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
The prestige of your university doesn't really help with med school. Thinking about it from that point of view, I'd say UVic.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
That is a false dichotomy; prestige is manageable. But, I have read many times that medical school does not care for prestige; however, such an important question you should verify for yourself by calling or writing to the medical schools you're interested in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Whichever school fits your needs better in terms of how much you like the program/campus, financially..basically which one you can imagine spending the next 4 years at.
Was this helpful? Yes 0