yconic - Private school vs day school
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Private school vs day school

A photo of Numair Numair
I'm taking private school for physics because grade 11 I only got 72 and Grade 12 I heard is much harder so I was wondering will universities mind if I take private school and also will I learn the same material as day school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
Private school is at night?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
What is the difference? Most 'day schools' that I know of are American and are private school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IqraF1 IqraF1

@Zion wrote
Private school is at night?

No. You can arrange a time with your teacher/mentor. My friends are taking it and only go on saturdays but for five hours. You have meet a specific number of reuqired hours.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IqraF1 IqraF1

@Numair wrote
I'm taking private school for physics because grade 11 I only got 72 and Grade 12 I heard is much harder so I was wondering will universities mind if I take private school and also will I learn the same material as day school?

It depends on which uni you applied to.
Grade 12 is not that bad. I heard grade 11 was worse. You get used to the work load. Usually, they dont care. Read the addmissions section of the unis you applied t. I know york uni doesn't care bu U of T does.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MisterYan MisterYan
I found that most schools don't care for night schools or summer schools in Ontario.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rawrawraw rawrawraw
too bad StFX wont accept those private school marks, you must obtain your marks from regular day school to be even considered for StFX (best university in Canada)
Was this helpful? Yes 0