yconic - PRIVATE SCHOOLS
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

PRIVATE SCHOOLS

A photo of IgorMcBeaver IgorMcBeaver
Hi. I'm applying soon and I was just wondering how Universities look at Private schools. I'm not talking about those that are like $15,000 a year, but the ones where you can take one course for about $850 in the evenings or summer.

I took Advanced Functions in the summer and I ended up with an 87%, which I think is about 5% more than I what I would've got in normal school.

Do universities care about private school marks? Will they question them and assume that they are inflated or not? I'm just wondering. If not, I want to take more private school courses...

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I hope they do. Because I know a lot of people who are doing this and getting away with mid-high 90s whereas in normal school they would be at a 60-80 max.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21

@IgorMcBeaver wrote
Hi. I'm applying soon and I was just wondering how Universities look at Private schools. I'm not talking about those that are like $15,000 a year, but the ones where you can take one course for about $850 in the evenings or summer.

I took Advanced Functions in the summer and I ended up with an 87%, which I think is about 5% more than I what I would've got in normal school.

Do universities care about private school marks? Will they question them and assume that they are inflated or not? I'm just wondering. If not, I want to take more private school courses...

Thanks.

some do...most don't...unis know which private schools are the most inflated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0