yconic - Probability of accecptance to University business programs
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Probability of accecptance to University business programs

A photo of Doop Doop
Hello!

I am graduating High School this year and I have applied to the following University programs;

University of Toronto - Rotman's Commerce
Ryerson University - Ted Rogers Business Management
York University - Business Administration

My final marks are;

English - 84
Data Management - 84
Advanced Functions - 81
Accounting - 88
Economics - 83

I'm also taking Calculus and Vectors, Sports Marketing and International Business. I am aiming for a low 80 for Calculus, and a mid 80 for the other business courses.

Does anyone know the probability of me being accepted into the programs I've applied to?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
hmmmm... you might JUST make admissions cut off..
If you tried to raise that average to 88+... you would be good to go I'm sure..
and if you have a pretty good supplement with a decent amount of ECs
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doop Doop

@cyynthiia wrote
hmmmm... you might JUST make admissions cut off..
If you tried to raise that average to 88+... you would be good to go I'm sure..
and if you have a pretty good supplement with a decent amount of ECs

Thanks for the reply!

You are referring to the University of Toronto program right? What about the other ones?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dancecubed dancecubed
I can almost guarantee that you'll be accepted into Ryerson. U of T Rotman...ECs play a big part in it as well. Most of my friends were rejected with 87+ averages. Not trying to bring you down, just trying to be honest.

And for the BBA at York, you're referring to Schulich, correct?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doop Doop

@dancecubed wrote
I can almost guarantee that you'll be accepted into Ryerson. U of T Rotman...ECs play a big part in it as well. Most of my friends were rejected with 87+ averages. Not trying to bring you down, just trying to be honest.

Thanks for the reply!

I am glad to know I have a high chance at Ryerson. I'm aware of the EC supplementary application for U of T, thanks for being honest.

And for York I didn't apply to Schulich, I applied to the other Business program offered by the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NerdmobileDriver NerdmobileDriver
If you want to see your chances based on marks, your best resource is for sure CUDO. You can find info for admissions last year (for any Ontario university). Here's a link for UofT, the rest I'll let you find.
http://cudo.utoronto.ca/2010/index.php

In report, choose B3 secondary school averages...
Make sure to select St. George, otherwise you'll get UTM and UTSC data, as well.
Then scroll down to business and commerce.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Doop wrote

@dancecubed wrote

Thanks for the reply!

I am glad to know I have a high chance at Ryerson. I'm aware of the EC supplementary application for U of T, thanks for being honest.

And for York I didn't apply to Schulich, I applied to the other Business program offered by the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies.

Oh then you will most likely be accepted to the York program as well.

Good luck and remember: If you haven't visited any of the campuses yet, please do. The decision will be much easier once you find which campus you're most comfortable in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doop Doop
Thanks a lot guys, you've been a great help :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doop Doop
BUMP

Sorry to bother you guys again. :bounce:

I was just looking at the tuition fees and I can't seem find the same number, no matter where I look. I might look at one part of U of Ts website and the tuition fee is $6000 ish, and then in another part it's $30, 000. So does anyone know how much a first year full time tuition is for;

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Doop wrote
BUMP

I was just looking at the tuition fees and I can't seem find the same number, no matter where I look. I might look at one part of U of Ts website and the tuition fee is $6000 ish, and then in another part it's $30, 000. So does anyone know how much a first year full time tuition is for;

Thanks!

For U of T Rotman, it's around $6000 - $7000 for first year and then $12 - $14K a year for second, third and fourth year.

For Ryerson, I paid $6700 first year and it's bound to be around that for the next three years.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doop Doop

@dancecubed wrote

@Doop wrote
BUMP

Thanks!

For U of T Rotman, it's around $6000 - $7000 for first year and then $12 - $14K a year for second, third and fourth year.

For Ryerson, I paid $6700 first year and it's bound to be around that for the next three years.

Thanks a lot dancecubed! You've been a great help! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doop Doop
Hey just wanted to bump this thread;

I just got my acceptance letter from Ryerson for Business Management, you were right! I'm so glad! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0