yconic - Program Decision
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Program Decision

A photo of arsalanshah arsalanshah
Guys so i got accepted to:
Brock BAcc
Mac BComm
Laurier BBA

can sumone rank which uni should i go to

pls i am so confused as to which one to go to
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of brandonholmes brandonholmes
That depends. What are you most interested in? If you're into accounting, than Brock is the obvious choice. If not, I recommend Laurier personally, however both schools have advantages. Laurier has a fantastic co-op program which I heard the majority of business students enter. McMaster has a legitimate trading floor as a teaching method, which is also awesome.

All three schools are great, but I'd pick Laurier, followed by McMaster, with Brock as your choice if accounting is the stream of business that interests you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SKing16 SKing16
Laurier no doubt.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
Laurier FOR SURE

Brock after then McMaster

^ don't listen to the Grade 11. Brock is not the obvious choice. Brock is like the couldn't get in anywhere else choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
laurier, not brock
Was this helpful? Yes 0

How does that make any sense? I said if they wanted to be in accounting, than Brock is the obvious choice, as it's the only accounting program they applied to. Laurier is better if that's not the case, (which I said). No need to be rude about it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@brandonholmes wrote
How does that make any sense? I said if they wanted to be in accounting, than Brock is the obvious choice, as it's the only accounting program they applied to. Laurier is better if that's not the case, (which I said). No need to be rude about it.

Laurier is still better for accounting than Brock.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
I like grade 11s and all but,

Laurier is still better than brock for accounting
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Onisifor Onisifor

@thecookiemonster wrote

@brandonholmes wrote

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@thecookiemonster wrote

@brandonholmes wrote

I suppose. In terms of prestige, definitely, but of course Laurier is still a speck in comparison to its brother across the street when it comes to accounting...

As I said earlier, Laurier is the best choice. That being said, Brock isn't a horrible school. Other things, (residence/close to home, tuition costs, possible scholarships) all need to be taken into consideration as well. I never think it's as easy as ranking 1-3.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SKing16 SKing16
No. Brock can't be compared to Laurier, they are in different tiers. Laurier is in the tier 2 of business programs, while Brock is usually tier 3. I know students from Laurier and Brock, and Laurier is definitely better in all aspects of business. Laurier also has a higher placement rate in accounting than Brock, as well as average salary.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@brandonholmes wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote

@brandonholmes wrote

I suppose. In terms of prestige, definitely, but of course Laurier is still a speck in comparison to its brother across the street when it comes to accounting...

As I said earlier, Laurier is the best choice. That being said, Brock isn't a horrible school. Other things, (residence/close to home, tuition costs, possible scholarships) all need to be taken into consideration as well. I never think it's as easy as ranking 1-3.

I don't think you realize how good Laurier actually is for accounting. It is a second-tier school, yes, but one of the reasons it's not lower is accounting.

No, Brock isn't bad, it's a decent school. And it's a safe bet to assume that the OP will be closer to Laurier than Brock and Laurier has very cheap tuition/rez and good scholarships.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

I agree, absolutely. I don't mean to come off as an idiot, or a Laurier hater. Laurier is my second choice school next year. I'm just trying to do my best to show all the options. It's rarely black or white.

OP, these guys are correct, and do know more about this than I do. Laurier's a fantastic school, it's my recommendation.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
@brandonholmes, if I were you I'd also apply to McGill and Schulich. I didn't and am majorly regretting it :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Username81, thanks for the advice! My list is definitely not finalized, I'll probably apply to Schulich, McGill and Rotman aswell. McGill is definitely on my list, but I have really no interest in York or UofT, but why not try?
Was this helpful? Yes 0