yconic - Programs and McMaster, and Western
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Programs and McMaster, and Western

A photo of GreatExpectations GreatExpectations
I know that the mcmaster health science program is really competitive. if ur average for semester 1 is 90 will they cut u off or will they keep u until may
and does anyone get early acceptance to mac for health science? since u have to do 2 sup apps. does that mean that no matter how good ur application is, they wont look at because of ur mark?? do they even ACTUALLY read the answers to the 3 questions??

and for western, has anyone got accepted to health sciences yet? cuz i know ppl getting accepted for life sciences which is making me get worried. i mean they said 80+ average
are they super competitive too??

and while we are still talking about competitive programs, for U of T co-op neuroscience, they said that they only accept 20 ppl but is that because no one wants it or is it because of its selectivity :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
No one gets early acceptance except for out of province students. Everyone else gets an offer starting in early May.

You only have to complete one supp app..the level II supp app (which you probably mistook for a 2nd supp app) is for 2nd year transfers (students transferring into health sci after completing 1 year of uni) and it's exactly the same as the level I one.

Every supp app from an applicant with a 90+ average will absolutely be read through, minimum 3 times (2 4th year students and then by a faculty member).

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Victorinox Victorinox
Hm just wondering when they say your average has to be 90% do they mean above greater or equal to 90% or greater than 90%?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LJustin LJustin

@Victorinox wrote
Hm just wondering when they say your average has to be 90% do they mean above greater or equal to 90% or greater than 90%?

90.00 or higher. So greater than or equal to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0