yconic - Prospective McMaster Health Sci students
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Prospective McMaster Health Sci students

A photo of futuredoc futuredoc
Hey everyone, I thought I'd start a new thread for those applying to BHSc at MAC (reminder: Supplementary due in 6 days!! ;)

What did you guys think of this year's supplementary application? (Note: DO NOT talk about your answers until after Feb. 3 so ppl don't copy you) :) just saying :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
Supp app... yeah, I better get started.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Are we delusional? Do you guys ever wonder if all this hassle is truly worth it? It's not like there can be a ridiculous advantage this program has over everything else in Canada, right? And as much as I pursue this program, I always feel like I'm being lulled into a trap and that all of my efforts will either end poorly from me not being accepted or end poorly by entering a program with an inflated sense of reputation.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Pensive Pensive
It seems like there are many of these threads already out there...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of futuredoc futuredoc

@onlymatthew wrote
Are we delusional? Do you guys ever wonder if all this hassle is truly worth it? It's not like there can be a ridiculous advantage this program has over everything else in Canada, right? And as much as I pursue this program, I always feel like I'm being lulled into a trap and that all of my efforts will either end poorly from me not being accepted or end poorly by entering a program with an inflated sense of reputation.

I agree it is stressful to consider that after all this work, I might not be accepted. But I do believe it has a lot to offer. It might not necessarily be better than other programs, but from the many hours of research I have done on this program, it's great in that it has considerably small classes (more one-one-one work, and closer contact to profs), and you get to work closely with some of the best researchers and medical professors in Canada. so why not go for it? If we make it than great (I doubt that can be considered a loss) and if we don't than I guess we tried, did our best, and we can pursue another program that may be just as good.

(I still hope I am accepted :P lol)
Was this helpful? Yes 0