yconic - PSE for science programs?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

PSE for science programs?

A photo of Leesh1993 Leesh1993
I know that University of Toronto and UBC has PSE. Are PSE optional? and what's the advantage of writing it? I'm about 5% over the admission standard, so..should I write it? Many people are talking about it but I really don't want to write it.
p.s- anybody know if McGill has PSE? from BC btw
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
It depends on the university. Some make it mandatory, while others make it optional.
I know that UBC has a supplemental for Science, but it is optional..
Even if you're 5% over the average, it doesn't hurt to complete the supplemental, only makes your application stronger.
I'm from BC too and applied to science, but I haven't applied to McGill so I'm not sure about them.
U of T doesn't have an additional supplemental, but they do have one for admissions awards, you should have received an e-mail from them a few weeks ago.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Leesh1993 Leesh1993

@cyynthiia wrote
It depends on the university. Some make it mandatory, while others make it optional.
I know that UBC has a supplemental for Science, but it is optional..
Even if you're 5% over the average, it doesn't hurt to complete the supplemental, only makes your application stronger.
I'm from BC too and applied to science, but I haven't applied to McGill so I'm not sure about them.
U of T doesn't have an additional supplemental, but they do have one for admissions awards, you should have received an e-mail from them a few weeks ago.

omg thank you soooo much. You're great :) HELPED A LOT
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
It's not going to kill you to write it, either way. I've done mine, and I'm above the cutoff for UBC by a few percent.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maritimevalley maritimevalley
You don't have to write a PSE for McGill, it's based solely on marks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted