yconic - Public Relations (continuing studies/graduate)
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Public Relations (continuing studies/graduate)

A photo of at16 at16
I'm thinking about applying for Public Relations at some point, but I'm unsure as to which university and/or college are notable for it. Humber College and Simon Fraser University seem to be two promising locations. Does anyone know an institution with an excellent public relations program for continuing studies or even for grad school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies
A photo of noxx98 noxx98
PR is a bit of a "weird" industry to get into as theres no direct path to get there. Theres a variety of different degrees you can receive which can take you there.

I think the biggest question is what have you done your undergrad studies in? If its something like business, communications, media studies, then you would probably be best looking into a continuing studies program, where you can get a 1 year certification/diploma of some kind.

If your undergrad is in something completely different, then a graduate program could be better.

Honestly, you probably won't get the best information from people here. I'd try to talk to people in PR right now and find out how they got there. Maybe even call up some PR firms and ask what the best route is to get there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0