yconic - QEII renewal
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

QEII renewal

A photo of VinceM34 VinceM34
Hi,
I recently found out that I will be getting the full amount of the QEII Scholarship. I was among the highest in my high school, and demonstrated financial need. However next year, when I go to renew this scholarship, I'll have to indicate that my fathers income has increased sufficently, and I know I won't be requiring as much financial assistance,if any at all. I'm wondering if this will change the amount of the QEII scholarship? Has anybody been in a similar situation? If yes, what should I expect?

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of dbdudgh dbdudgh
They will re-assess your financial need every year you renew and deduct the amount of money you get. In your case, the amount of scholarship will probably go down to $100.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of phoenixflame phoenixflame
The above poster is wrong, the information they gave.

I am a 2nd yr uni student and went through the same situation, and your QE2 amount stay constant for all years, as long as you keep above 80% average they do not not look at financial need. Your OSAP grants&loans will go down however, because of the scholarship and increase in parental income.

OSAP and QE2 are seperate things , keep that in mind. One is a scholarship and the other is government assistance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VinceM34 VinceM34
Thanks for the post Phoenix.

My financial aid office told me that my amount wouldn't change, but I figured I should ask someone who has been in a similar situation to double check.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ikillreid ikillreid
+ 1 phoenix.

The amount doesn't change each year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0