yconic - QEII Scholarship
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

QEII Scholarship

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Anyone know when the results will be released?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
70 replies

A photo of g93 g93
From OSAP site:

"The Queen Elizabeth II Aiming for the Top Scholarship selection for the 2011-2012 academic year occurs in early August. Please check back in mid August for the results."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote
From OSAP site:

"The Queen Elizabeth II Aiming for the Top Scholarship selection for the 2011-2012 academic year occurs in early August. Please check back in mid August for the results."

Yeah I saw that. You'd think that by early August, they'd give us a definite date though..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Matto Matto
On renewal of the QEII, does anyone know if they change the value from year to year? I got the full amount in my first year but my mark dropped considerably (remaining at least 80% however).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kjp8908 kjp8908

@Matto wrote
On renewal of the QEII, does anyone know if they change the value from year to year? I got the full amount in my first year but my mark dropped considerably (remaining at least 80% however).

As long as you kept an 80% + average, the amount you got 1st year will remain the same.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dyd dyd
Well it's almost mid august!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Arthur Arthur
I think results came out today! I got $3500. You have to check your funding summary in "OSAP for Full-Time Students" rather than "Queen Elizabeth II Aiming for the Top Tuition Scholarship" which still displays the same message. Good luck everyone!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of t920 t920
Just checked and I also got $3500! Arthur is correct, it should be listed under your funding summary.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Aw man, I only got 100 bucks :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lookatme lookatme
$3500 for me! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Man this is so balls, so many people I know with lower marks and higher parental income got so much more than me :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of t920 t920
@immaculatedx

Well, I'm not exactly sure how they go about the selection process, but I was told from a friend (not sure if there is any truth to this) that they take the top students from each high school. So if you come from a high school with lots of competition this may have hurt you. Luckily they accept appeals if you think you were given an unfair amount. My only question is did you meet the deadlines on time?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@t920 wrote
@immaculatedx

Well, I'm not exactly sure how they go about the selection process, but I was told from a friend (not sure if there is any truth to this) that they take the top students from each high school. So if you come from a high school with lots of competition this may have hurt you. Luckily they accept appeals if you think you were given an unfair amount. My only question is did you meet the deadlines on time?

Yeah I did. But yes, I do understand it's based on school and there was I believe one person who had a higher top 6 average than I did.

My OSAP says I submitted my App June 6th which I believe was on time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@immaculatedx wrote

@t920 wrote
@immaculatedx

Yeah I did. But yes, I do understand it's based on school and there was I believe one person who had a higher top 6 average than I did.

They do take the top whatever percentage from each high school, but they also have a 'need'-based component. If they think you already have enough money to pay for university, you'll get the $100 scholarship, but you'll get more if they think you need it more.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@lookatme wrote

@immaculatedx wrote

@t920 wrote
@immaculatedx

They do take the top whatever percentage from each high school, but they also have a 'need'-based component. If they think you already have enough money to pay for university, you'll get the $100 scholarship, but you'll get more if they think you need it more.

Yes I know. That's why I mentioned how I know of people who had a lower need than me (Of course this is subjective) who got more QEII money.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@t920 wrote
@immaculatedx
Luckily they accept appeals if you think you were given an unfair amount.

Do they review the scholarship automatically if you appeal your OSAP amount, or is there some sort of separate application?

edit: from http://forums.studentawards.com/yaf_postst32313_QEII-adjustment-after-successful-OSAP-appeal.aspx

"Unfortunately the Ministry does not reconsider the value of a student's scholarship, except in cases where an income verification check has indicated that parental income was understated; in which case the value of the scholarship is recalculated to reflect the student's actual financial need. As such, the Ministry will not be reviewing the value of your Queen Elizabeth II Scholarship."

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of stopngolo stopngolo
which line is it under on the funding summary? Under Ontario Access Grant?

Did anyone else not get anything updated? My app was submitted on June 7...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of t920 t920

@Nyx wrote

@t920 wrote
@immaculatedx
Luckily they accept appeals if you think you were given an unfair amount.

Do they review the scholarship automatically if you appeal your OSAP amount, or is there some sort of separate application?

edit: from http://forums.studentawards.com/yaf_postst32313_QEII-adjustment-after-successful-OSAP-appeal.aspx

"Unfortunately the Ministry does not reconsider the value of a student's scholarship, except in cases where an income verification check has indicated that parental income was understated; in which case the value of the scholarship is recalculated to reflect the student's actual financial need. As such, the Ministry will not be reviewing the value of your Queen Elizabeth II Scholarship."

Yeah,turns out I was wrong all along. It appears that appeals are only allowed for university/college students if they fall below the 80% average they're required to maintain.

http://safa.uwaterloo.ca/scholarships/QEII.html#Appeals
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@stopngolo wrote

Did you check "yes" on ouac when asked to release academic information for the QEII scholarship?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@lookatme wrote

@stopngolo wrote

Did you check "yes" on ouac when asked to release academic information for the QEII scholarship?

yes i did...maybe they've haven't updated everything?...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@stopngolo wrote

Hi stopngolo,

It should be in funding summary with all forms of aid you received including grants. If it's not there now, they're either late with yours or you didn't get any QEII aid - did you have high marks? because the initial step in getting the QEII is academic merit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@immaculatedx wrote

@stopngolo wrote

Hi stopngolo,

It should be in funding summary with all forms of aid you received including grants. If it's not there now, they're either late with yours or you didn't get any QEII aid - did you have high marks? because the initial step in getting the QEII is academic merit.

lol i have a 90+%, so i'm assuming there's some academic merit?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@stopngolo wrote

@immaculatedx wrote

@stopngolo wrote

Hi stopngolo,

lol i have a 90+%, so i'm assuming there's some academic merit?

Well, I don't think a 90% guarantees that you'll get the scholarship. You have to be in the top whatever % in your school in order to get it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jjlk jjlk
omg im friggen pissed! i only got $100! OMG I'm pissed! my average was not bad, prob one of the highest in my school (i had a 95.3% average) and its not like I'm rich or anything. I'm considered middle class and yet i got so little! i can't even pay for one textbook with that! OMG I'm sooo mad!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jjlk wrote
omg im friggen pissed! i only got $100! OMG I'm pissed! my average was not bad, prob one of the highest in my school (i had a 95.3% average) and its not like I'm rich or anything. I'm considered middle class and yet i got so little! i can't even pay for one textbook with that! OMG I'm sooo mad!

I feel you bratha (Or Sista).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Romeo3 Romeo3
You got $100? That really sucks.

But the results came out on the OSAP page? Because I'm checking my OSAP account, and I still have the "Please check back mid-August for the results" message. Did you receive a letter in the mail or something else?

Thanks in advance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0