yconic - QEIIA4T renewal question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

QEIIA4T renewal question

A photo of dbdudgh dbdudgh
I'm going into an accounting program at Waterloo where the tuition jumps from 2-3000 in first year to over 7000 in the second year.

I think I received enough bursaries and scholarships to cover my first year, so I may not get the full $3500 QEII scholarship, but I'll definitely need that in my upper years.

So when I apply for renewal, will they give me the same amount of money they gave me in first year or will they re-assess my financial need and give me the full amount?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of BusterBaxter BusterBaxter
From what I have read on the OSAP website, your QEII amount can only go down after your yearly reassessment.

It's unfortunate for those who could/would have gotten the full amount, and needed it later on, but instead are left with the basic merit amount of $100 for the next four years.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kaytotz kaytotz
Has anyone ever received QEII after not applying to it right out of high school.

I'm a gap year student(not victory lapper) by the way and did not think to apply and defer it :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dbdudgh dbdudgh
I would think that you can still apply for osap and QEII as normal.. you'll just have to indicate that you've graduated in 2010.
I suggest you email the UW financial aid office and ask like I did 5 minutes ago :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0