yconic - QEIIA4T Scholarship Question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

QEIIA4T Scholarship Question

A photo of ericaftw ericaftw
Hi all,

I was recently looking at the Queen Elizabeth II Aiming for the Top Scholarship. I know it's a part of OSAP.. so I was wondering if you need to receive OSAP/demonstrate financial need to get the maximum amount, or if you can only receive the minimum amount without needing OSAP.

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@ericaftw wrote
Hi all,

I was recently looking at the Queen Elizabeth II Aiming for the Top Scholarship. I know it's a part of OSAP.. so I was wondering if you need to receive OSAP/demonstrate financial need to get the maximum amount, or if you can only receive the minimum amount without needing OSAP.

Thanks.

You can get one or the other. If you don't want OSAP, you can get $100 I believe.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ericaftw ericaftw

@heesoup wrote

@ericaftw wrote
Hi all,

Thanks.

You can get one or the other. If you don't want OSAP, you can get $100 I believe.

So in other words, I'm not eligible for the full amount of $3500? I don't demonstrate financial need, but I have top grades in my graduating class. I would essentially get the $100 then.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dbdudgh dbdudgh
I think the way that QEII works is that they choose the top whatever percentage of the graduating students and award them according to their financial need.
So let's say the cutoff for this year is 90%. A person with 90.1 average with a lot of financial need will probably receive $3500 while a person like yourself who demonstrates no financial need but have top grades will only be eligible for the $100 merit amount..
That's what I've heard from an OSAP representative at my school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of finance2 finance2
Good answers!
If you are smart and really rich, you can get the $100 merit amount by filling in the one page application, found on the OSAP website.
To try to get anything other than the $100, you fill in a full osap application because the amounts are based on need and grades: the smarter and poorer you are, the more you will get.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Luna Luna
I have a question, too. I've filled out the application for the Basic Merit Amount and it says at the top in the instructions, "ensure that the financial aid office at the postsecondary institution you plan to attend receives this Application for Basic Merit Amount by June 17, 2011." Does that mean we only send the forms to the financial aid office of the school we are going to? Or do we send a copy to OSAP too? I'm hating the OSAP website right now..it's not helpful at all.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Lawrence Lawrence
About this scholarship, I didn't apply for it in gr.12, I'm not finished yr.1 university can I still apply for it>?
Was this helpful? Yes 0