yconic - Queen's Arts or Western Arts & Humanities?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Arts or Western Arts & Humanities?

A photo of dabunneh dabunneh
EDIT:
I'm trying to make a decision between the Arts program at Queen's or the Arts and Humanities program at Western. Currently, I'm interested in a career related to editing and publishing, and teaching is my back up (so far). I know that the job market for teaching right now is less than optimistic...supposedly it is going to be looking better in five years from now- social services is another possible backup I guess.

Both schools have offered $2,000 conditional scholarships, but Western also offers an additional $500-$1,000 to students enrolled in their Arts and Humanities program. I've seen Queen's and loved the campus, but haven't been able to see Western as of yet (it's about 4-5 hours away).

So which program is better, which has better English and related courses?

Informed advice and suggestion would be much appreciated, and speculation is welcome as well :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Kyhaara Kyhaara

@dabunneh wrote
EDIT:
I'm trying to make a decision between the Arts program at Queen's or the Arts and Humanities program at Western. Currently, I'm interested in a career related to editing and publishing, and teaching is my back up (so far). I know that the job market for teaching right now is less than optimistic...supposedly it is going to be looking better in five years from now- social services is another possible backup I guess.

Both schools have offered $2,000 conditional scholarships, but Western also offers an additional $500-$1,000 to students enrolled in their Arts and Humanities program. I've seen Queen's and loved the campus, but haven't been able to see Western as of yet (it's about 4-5 hours away).

So which program is better, which has better English and related courses?

Informed advice and suggestion would be much appreciated, and speculation is welcome as well :)

I'm going to Western. Seems you have the opposite situation from me. I went to the Western campus and loved it, but Queen's is 4-5 hours away! What drew me in for Western was its Creative Writing minor (which will soon become an English speciality or something like that, according to one of the associate Deans). I talked with the Associate Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities and he was a great guy. Not sure if this helps you or not, but if you go to Western, that's where I'll be!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Queen's is more well-known, but you cannot go wrong with Western!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Emaad13 Emaad13
I can assure you that the Western campus is awesome! Western is definitely a good school, but yes, not as great academically and recognition as Queens. Choose Queens if you are NOT planning to go to grad school, and choose Western if you are planning to go to grad school. It is easier to get good marks in Western.

That is just MY OPINION.
Was this helpful? Yes 0