yconic - Queen's - Solus Not Opening?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's - Solus Not Opening?

A photo of Jane239 Jane239
Is anyone having this problem right now? I am able to log into MyQueen's, but whenever I click the SOLUS link it leads me to the login page. Should I contact Admissions?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of apark17 apark17
hmm having same problem.. but prob no need to worry and try tomorrow? i doubt acceptances came out today.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You're probably right, thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I doubt it aswell as I have contacted Queen's and they definitely did not mention QC acceptances for today haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jane239 wrote
I doubt it aswell as I have contacted Queen's and they definitely did not mention QC acceptances for today haha

lol these guys are painfully slow..... i thought april 15th but now i dont know when to expect it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I know, it`s awful. They said that offers are given out in waves but I was told it`ll be around Mid-May!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
Why the rush? This might mean they actually read through the applications and make sure multiple people comment on each. I'd rather wait two months than they just accept everyone > 90% (see: Schulich).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

very true, but it`s still a little nerve-wracking. They said mid-April to mid-May so it`s a tad disapointing that I`ll have to wait until mid-May. But I agree with you completely.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QueensHSL2011 QueensHSL2011

@Jane239 wrote
Is anyone having this problem right now? I am able to log into MyQueen's, but whenever I click the SOLUS link it leads me to the login page. Should I contact Admissions?

Hey,

I'm in 2nd year and I just checked my SOLUS account and had the same problem. So I wouldn't worry about it. SOLUS is very new and I know they are just working out the kinks.

Admissions are coming! I walked by the offices last week and they were still reading PSE's. They read them a few times each! It's a long process.

Hopefully SOLUS will be back soon!

Good Luck,

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for your response QueensHSL2011! :)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fullforceRC fullforceRC
I hope offers aren't given out mid-May... that's cutting it a tad too close to the deadline lol... -heart atk-
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@IanSharer wrote
Why the rush? This might mean they actually read through the applications and make sure multiple people comment on each. I'd rather wait two months than they just accept everyone > 90% (see: Schulich).

lol doesnt everyone have 90+ avg?
rather have that honestly, just IMO and in my situation.

@fullforceRC wrote
I hope offers aren't given out mid-May... that's cutting it a tad too close to the deadline lol... -heart atk-

haha i know man, im gonna die too i think ive been checking everyday for a while now..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@apark17 wrote

@IanSharer wrote

Why? Do you want boring and mediocre classmates?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@IanSharer wrote

@apark17 wrote

@IanSharer wrote

no im just saying in terms of JUST admissions for me. i feel my avg is better than my Ecs so we'll see..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew

@IanSharer wrote

@apark17 wrote

@IanSharer wrote

I don't think that the personality of his potential classmates was his greatest concern... you won't even have those classmates if you don't get admitted. I also think it's way more comforting to have a "magical cut-off" instead of an application process that is largely left up to subjective opinion!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@onlymatthew wrote

@IanSharer wrote

@apark17 wrote

@IanSharer wrote

I don't think that the personality of his potential classmates was his greatest concern... you won't even have those classmates if you don't get admitted. I also think it's way more comforting to have a "magical cut-off" instead of an application process that is largely left up to subjective opinion!

+1 such as mcgills 91 or schulichs 90..
its just comforting to know your above the cut-off
(strictly in terms of admissions.)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@onlymatthew wrote

@IanSharer wrote

@apark17 wrote

@IanSharer wrote

Magical cutoffs don't exist in the real life (eg. GPA's won't matter as much as the actual interview, which is more subjective). Those cutoffs are highly inflated anyway, and someone who isn't as involved/can't write a good essay usually won't be an enthusiastic classmate.

Edit: Even in terms of admission, I like the stress. It keeps me motivated and actually feels special as opposed to everyone meeting a certain criteria is in sort of thing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew

@IanSharer wrote

Magical cutoffs don't exist in the real life (eg. GPA's won't matter as much as the actual interview, which is more subjective).

I know they don't, but you'd have to admit that they offer a LOT of comfort if you're above them (which I'm assuming that apark17 is above). You're definitely right when you say that one's GPA isn't truly indicative of their ability to get a job, especially in the field of business! And although the education system doesn't do a PERFECT job, one's mark is at least still partially based on empirical data/performance.

@IanSharer wrote

Those cutoffs are highly inflated anyway, and someone who isn't as involved/can't write a good essay usually won't be an enthusiastic classmate.

??? I think if someone can't write a good essay, it's because they're not good at writing, lol. I understand your logic, though...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessiexo jessiexo

@IanSharer wrote

Lol people tend to take that so seriously but it's sooooo easy to BS on the PSE.. It doesn't really mean anything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jessiexo wrote

@IanSharer wrote

Lol people tend to take that so seriously but it's sooooo easy to BS on the PSE.. It doesn't really mean anything.

You can't really bs anything that actually matters.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jessiexo wrote

@IanSharer wrote

I don't entirely agree with that, if it didn't mean anything then they wouldn't take the time to go through them. Some people pour their hearts into it because they are passionate about their goals. Not everyone BS's it.I think that Queen's recognizes this and it is what seperates those that are accepted from those that aren't.
Was this helpful? Yes 0