yconic - Queen's
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's

A photo of ACEEGAN ACEEGAN
What are the best rezs for socializing/partying at Queen's? How should I rank my room choices to get in there. Also how are the shared washroom buildings are they fun or is it just all the kids who got scholarships in there studying 24/7. I've heard nothing but bad things about living on west campus how bad is it really?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
The res most known for partying is Vic, because it's the biggest. Leave the shared washrooms for people who actually want them.

Lots of people seem to enjoy West. It's like 10-15 minutes from main campus so you develop a sense of community, and meal plans are optional.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of treecows treecows
If you want to party, avoid Leggett and Watts. Cleaner residences, but they are definitely quiet. And yeah, if you really don't want the shared washroom thing, leave it for the ones who do!

Vic parties hard, but Leonard/Gord/Brock are pretty loud residences as well. I really liked LGB, and I partied there more than Vic. I doubt you'd have any complaints about living in McNeill or Morris, they're fun. McNeill is so nice too, since they renovated.

I lived on West, and I ended up loving it, as did most of my floor. If you didn't get along with your floor, I definitely understand why it'd suck, but if you put the effort to make friends, you'll more likely end up really enjoying your time. Floors on West are a lot closer than the main campus ones. I originally was really upset I was put there, but looking back I'm happy I ended up there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of snowman snowman
which rez is the quietest and most secluded? Are the rez coed or ony guys only girls? Also is there a lot of groupwork at Queens? Im an introverted person and i like it that way.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yatesb Yatesb

@snowman wrote
Im an introverted person and i like it that way.

Are you so introverted that you have trouble working in groups? Going into engineering and being unable to work in groups could be troublesome for you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

don't get me wrong I really want the single room and shared washroom I'm just wondering if there is a social life in that building because I hear it's were alot of the scholarship winners end up. Also im about 6'5-6'6 will I be able to get a longer bed if I request it? and will this increase my chance of getting a shared washroom?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Why the assumption that scholarship winners are lame?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yatesb Yatesb

@ktel wrote
Why the assumption that scholarship winners are lame?

He probably assumes high marks = social awkwardness. Although I have no say since I am not a scholarship winner nor do I think scholarship winners will be lame.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ACEEGAN wrote
don't get me wrong I really want the single room and shared washroom I'm just wondering if there is a social life in that building because I hear it's were alot of the scholarship winners end up. Also im about 6'5-6'6 will I be able to get a longer bed if I request it? and will this increase my chance of getting a shared washroom?

Request it, and you'll probs be placed in Watts which has a shared washroom.

I had a lot of friends in high school living in Leggett/Watts - they partied with their friends from high school and stuff in other residences. People had friends on their floor, but there's not a community feel. And like just to state the obvious, of course not all scholarship winners are lame, but they tend to be more academic... /they're forced to study just to maintain ridiculously high averages to keep their scholarships.

But anyways if you live in Leggett/Watts, I'm sure you'll still love it and have partying friends, just it's a lot easier to find that atmosphere at the other residences like Vic and LGB.

snowman - there's an all male floor in leonard that you can request, and 2 all girls residences. (Formerly there was 3, but they're converting Chown. There was also an all girls rez on West, but I think they're converting that as well)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

im putting single with shared washroom and if I dont get it i wanna be in Vic what should I put as my 2nd choice to get the best chances single or double?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Madss Madss
Put single co-ed w/ meal plan
then double co-ed w/ meal plan

just dont put no meal plan as any of the options
Was this helpful? Yes 0

how are the engineering floors and what buildings are they in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

There's one eng floor, and this year it was in Morris.

I think it's kind of redundant to live on faculty floors, unless you're like.. on the artsci floor which is basically just a typical floor haha. It's helpful in terms of schoolwork I guess, but you really reduce the opportunity to meet people in other faculties. Regular floors still have engies on them, so you'll have people to do work with, as well as you get to know your section well, so I don't see the point of living with only engies when you can meet a more diverse range of people. Personally was not a big fan of a lot of the people on the eng floor this year haha but people living there liked it, lots of partying and a never ending war with the commerce floor.
Was this helpful? Yes 0