yconic - Queen's Acceptances
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Acceptances

A photo of americanbeauty americanbeauty
So who else was accepted to Queen's today?

I did not anticipate acceptances coming out so soon for those in Ontario who weren't nominated for some sort of bursary! It was quite exciting.

I was accepted into the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.

Queen's is currently my #1 choice, but I will not be hitting "accept offer" until I tour the campus! ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
23 replies

A photo of KingKhan KingKhan
I did, for engineering. :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of americanbeauty americanbeauty

@KingKhan wrote

Congratulations! Queen's has a fabulous Engineering program :) Do you think you'll be attending?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of idotknow idotknow
I have to choose between Mac and Queeens. Both are for Science. Idk where I should go.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@americanbeauty wrote

@KingKhan wrote

Congratulations! Queen's has a fabulous Engineering program :) Do you think you'll be attending?

Nope. Most likely Brock or McMaster, I don't see what's so great about Queen's engineering, they don't even have co-op.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of willeh willeh
Anybody else got the $2000 work study entitlement? How does it work? Is it a grant? I think it might involve you working on campus somehow, confused...
And my average is higher than 95% but I didn't get the $4000*2years principle's award, instead I got $2000 for the scholarship for people getting 90%~94.9%. What's up with that?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@willeh wrote
Anybody else got the $2000 work study entitlement? How does it work? Is it a grant? I think it might involve you working on campus somehow, confused...
And my average is higher than 95% but I didn't get the $4000*2years principle's award, instead I got $2000 for the scholarship for people getting 90%~94.9%. What's up with that?

Where did you get this information from? Does it show up on your SOLUS?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of willeh willeh

@KingKhan wrote

@willeh wrote

Yes, it was on my SOLUS.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@willeh wrote

@KingKhan wrote

@willeh wrote

Yes, it was on my SOLUS.

Could you tell me where on SOLUS you found this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lolapop lolapop

@KingKhan wrote

Do you mind me asking what your average is(/that would have been used)? Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@lolapop wrote

@KingKhan wrote

Do you mind me asking what your average is(/that would have been used)? Thanks!

My grade 11 marks were horrible but in grade 12 first semester I had 91.5% average with english, advanced functions, physics and communications technology.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Joshki Joshki
Anyone got accepted into business?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HistoryNut HistoryNut
Congratz guys on getting into Queen's, you have all been accepted a lot sooner than I was haha. I hope you end up coming to Queen's, its a great university with a great reputation!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of willeh willeh

@KingKhan wrote

@willeh wrote

@KingKhan wrote

@willeh wrote

Yes, it was on my SOLUS.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "view status", it shows all the awards you won and your offer of admission.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@willeh wrote

@KingKhan wrote

@willeh wrote

@KingKhan wrote

@willeh wrote

Yes, it was on my SOLUS.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "view status", it shows all the awards you won and your offer of admission.

This is all that shows up for me, nothing about scholarships/awards.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1yLT2.png[/IMG]
I had 91.5% average, I should've gotten something atleast.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ephemera Ephemera
I was accepted into the Queen's Bachelor of Science Hons. Program yesterday and was offered the president's scholarship. Wooo! First acceptance of the year! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33

@KingKhan wrote

@willeh wrote

@KingKhan wrote

@willeh wrote

@KingKhan wrote

@willeh wrote

Yes, it was on my SOLUS.

This is all that shows up for me, nothing about scholarships/awards.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1yLT2.png[/IMG]
I had 91.5% average, I should've gotten something atleast.

You go on SOLUS, scroll down on the page and click view status. You are not on the right page.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This is the only "View Status" that I see, and when I click it, it just links me to the page I posted above.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QHEXH.png[/IMG]
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jadegoddard jadegoddard
I'm curious if anyone here has visited the campus yet. When we went through the lecture halls however I didn't really think it was very technologically up-to-date and I'm somewhat hoping someone can tell me otherwise as I thought I was certain I would attend Queen's but upon seeing the lack of technology I'm somewhat dissapointed and reconsidering my offers. Does anyone have any opinions?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of willeh willeh
He is on the right page. This is weird, on mine the awards were listed above the table with the program info. Maybe it's not updated yet, but on my acceptance email they said: "your offer will show on your SOLUS sometime today, In addition there is information concerning whether you will receive scholarships, bursaries and awards." Did they say this in your acceptance email? And did you apply for the bursary? I did and I got $1950.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yes it does say that in my email, and yes I applied for the bursary too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vickihsieh vickihsieh
Congrats on all of your acceptances! Approximately how long ago did you guys send in your transcripts? Mine just got delivered last Friday, so I'm just wondering when I should expect to hear back from them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33

@jadegoddard wrote
I'm curious if anyone here has visited the campus yet. When we went through the lecture halls however I didn't really think it was very technologically up-to-date and I'm somewhat hoping someone can tell me otherwise as I thought I was certain I would attend Queen's but upon seeing the lack of technology I'm somewhat dissapointed and reconsidering my offers. Does anyone have any opinions?

I heard queen's in general isn't very technologically up to date, except for the commerce faculty at Goodes. lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0