yconic - Queens Admissions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queens Admissions

A photo of LivingTheLife LivingTheLife
I am a British Columbia students and on the Queen's website it says we need to take Calculus 12 OR Mathematics 12. I noticed that all the other provinces are taking courses like calculus, functions, and data. We dont have these options in BC. So would I be better off getting 90+ in Mathematics 12, OR 80 in calculus?

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of jennyau jennyau
If you're average is 87+, either is fine. However a 90+ plus definetly looks more impressive than an 8- in calculus, but calculus will help. One of the first year courses is a calculus class, and you will be at a slight disadvantage not having taken calculus before.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I was thinking of doing the regular Mathematics 12. Would doing Calculus 12 in summer school after graduation be an option? Just so i have some sort of back ground in Calculus. I am currently in Pre-Calculus 11.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ChristianLegazpi ChristianLegazpi
Oh wow, I have never actually noticed that it says Math 12 OR Calc12.
I am a BC student, and I am in both courses. I'm at a 85+ in Math but below 60 in Calculus...

My Avg will be around 90 (Math, English + 2 courses)
Will my incredibly low percentage of calculus lower my chance? If not, ruin my whole entire chance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Sorry I honestly have no idea. Ya i looked over all of prerequisites extensively and I believe BC is 1 of the only provinces that allow either. Im just going to take the regular math, maybe precalc 12. My EC's are awful though so I gotta pick it up with that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
For Queen's admissions, get the better mark. But for science, you do take a Calc course first year, so just keep that in mind. EC's are very important for Queen's, because they actually read PSE's.

- Queen's Sci 2nd Year
Was this helpful? Yes 0