yconic - Queen's and graduate school.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's and graduate school.

A photo of ajgoddard ajgoddard
Is it true that it is more of a challenge to receive higher marks during a Queen's undergraduate program? I'm thinking if this may be it will increase the difficulty of getting into a graduate program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
It's not easy to receive high marks in university in the first place. I'm a Queen's upper year, and my marks are pretty average. Although I heard a statistic that the marks given here are particularly lower than others. But graduate programs from schools (other than Queen's) probably know this statistic, and can decide accordingly whether you're worth admitting :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks, I figured as much.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Linday19 Linday19
Hey, I'm currently in first year at Queen's and it isn't actually that hard. I am doing really well without much effort and most of my friends are doing really well too. I wouldn't worry about making the marks. There are so many resources available for you here, even if you were to start your year off with poor grades you could improve them easily. All of my TA's are really helpful, we have peer buddies that you can get, most faculties have some sort of tutoring sessions. Even my profs really encourage us to come to their office hours and talk to them about our papers or projects. If you are willing to work for it then you will be fine here. It is a really great school!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Nice! Thanks for the help. I've always been one with a good work ethic so that advice is really assuring. I'm really interested in Queen's because of the sense of community I have gotten from it so I really hope it works out. If you don"t mind, what type of marks did you get in with and for what program did you choose?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Linday19 Linday19
I had an 88 average but I was also highly involved in my school. I was school president, ran our Me to We club, in band, a writer/director/actor in drama club, peer support group, school council. I also volunteered outside of school with organizations like United Way and was involved in other activities like dance and choir. I'm sure you're aware that Queen's looks at both you're marks and you're extra curricular activities. I'm currently in the honors B.A program. Good luck with your application! Hopefully you'll be a frosh next year!
Was this helpful? Yes 0