yconic - Queens and Western Admission averages
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queens and Western Admission averages

A photo of KevX KevX
I'm freaking out right now because i really want to get life sciences at either Queens or Western. On Queen's website it says that a 84 plus average is required and Western needs an 85 plus average. My average will be somewhere between 83-85, what are my chances of getting in to Queens and Western?

Courses:
Advanced Functions: 86
Earth and Space Science: 91
English: 78
Biology: 82
Chemistry:81
Calculus: 85

Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
Honestly, it all depends on your prayers and luck at this point. Try your best till mid-terms. Btw, with an 83-85% why didnt you try out for utsg life sciences? i have a friend who got in with a percentage in that range.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jsonga Jsonga
Life Science at Queens starts in second year. First year is general science. For Queens they say to have 84%+ but you're safer if you're around 86%+.

There is no "Life Science" at Western. First year is general science despite the ES(BSc)/ESM(BMSc) streams presented when you applied. Last year, the cutoff for ES was ~83%, and the cutoff for ESM was ~85.5% so they should be around that range this year.

If your average is 83-85% you might have a shot at Queens, and a better shot at Western providing you applied to the general science (BSc) program and not BMSc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KevX KevX

@bcd92 wrote
Honestly, it all depends on your prayers and luck at this point. Try your best till mid-terms. Btw, with an 83-85% why didnt you try out for utsg life sciences? i have a friend who got in with a percentage in that range.

I go to a boring, non-semestered school. Which means i dont have any mid-terms because i take the same 8 courses the entire year lol. FML
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KevX KevX

@Jsonga wrote
Life Science at Queens starts in second year. First year is general science. For Queens they say to have 84%+ but you're safer if you're around 86%+.

There is no "Life Science" at Western. First year is general science despite the ES(BSc)/ESM(BMSc) streams presented when you applied. Last year, the cutoff for ES was ~83%, and the cutoff for ESM was ~85.5% so they should be around that range this year.

If your average is 83-85% you might have a shot at Queens, and a better shot at Western providing you applied to the general science (BSc) program and not BMSc.

DAM IT, i applied to BMSc...... fk.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jsonga Jsonga
It would have been safer to just apply to the BSc program since they're the same in first year anyway. Unfortunately to my knowledge Western doesn't give any alternate offers though if you're intending on going there, maybe call to see if you can still put in an application for BSc? If that isn't possible there's still the extra curricular form you can fill out that will make them review your application should you not meet the cutoff.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KevX KevX

@Jsonga wrote
It would have been safer to just apply to the BSc program since they're the same in first year anyway. Unfortunately to my knowledge Western doesn't give any alternate offers though if you're intending on going there, maybe call to see if you can still put in an application for BSc? If that isn't possible there's still the extra curricular form you can fill out that will make them review your application should you not meet the cutoff.

There's an EXTRACURRICULAR FORM?? They did not tell me this on the student center at all! Where can i complete this form?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ashaiboy94 ashaiboy94
Hey guys, I have applied to BSc aswell as the BMSc at Western. Now my average will be within the range of 82-84%, will this be good enough to get me into BSc at the very least? To accompany this, I have completed an Extra Curriculars profile. I have listed down my extra currics such as President of Charity, Leader of Amnesty Intll. at my school, Link Crew Leader, Promotions Manager at my school's Multicultural council, and have also mentioned my involvement in a 2-week service trip to volunteer at an orphanage in Jamaica. Would these extra currics be enough to along with my marks to get me into one of the two programs I have applied for at Western?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jsonga Jsonga

@ashaiboy94 wrote
Hey guys, I have applied to BSc aswell as the BMSc at Western. Now my average will be within the range of 82-84%, will this be good enough to get me into BSc at the very least? To accompany this, I have completed an Extra Curriculars profile. I have listed down my extra currics such as President of Charity, Leader of Amnesty Intll. at my school, Link Crew Leader, Promotions Manager at my school's Multicultural council, and have also mentioned my involvement in a 2-week service trip to volunteer at an orphanage in Jamaica. Would these extra currics be enough to along with my marks to get me into one of the two programs I have applied for at Western?

If you end up with an 83-84% you should have a good chance at BSc. Your EC profile seems to be pretty good so should you fall under the cutoff I think you have a better chance than most that have filled out the form.

I suggest you try to get as high an average as possible and not rely on the EC profile because I heard that people usually aren't admitted that way despite their good EC's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of americanbeauty americanbeauty
queen's: 86+
western: 84-86

those should get you in
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Bookworm101 Bookworm101
I applied for the queens general science and both the western biomedical sciences and health sciences.
My marks are currently:
Advanced Functions
81%
English
83%
Philosophy
80%
Calculus and Vectors
88%
Biology
77%
Chemistry
86%

Anyone see any hope for me?
I've only been accepted by Guelph so far :/
Feelings pretty anxious!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Bookworm101 wrote
I applied for the queens general science and both the western biomedical sciences and health sciences.
My marks are currently:
Advanced Functions
81%
English
83%
Philosophy
80%
Calculus and Vectors
88%
Biology
77%
Chemistry
86%

Feelings pretty anxious!

Your average according to these marks is 82.5%. Queen's strictly states that cutoff for it's Science program is 84%+, thus, your chance their is sort of impossible. Western Biological and Medical Sciences program has really raised its bar this year. Anticipated cutoff for the program is around 86%, I believe. Thus, your chance their seems bad as well. I am not quite sure about Western Health Sciences, however, its average tends to be lower than BioMed's, thus, you stand a chance. Health Sciences however is not known for "Health/Biological" side. From what I have heard, it's more social science than actual science. Nonetheless, good luck! And hey, this is just my take on this issue. Hoping that you get accepted to all your programs!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HHuskies9 HHuskies9

@MehGah wrote

@Bookworm101 wrote
My marks are currently:
Advanced Functions
81%
English
83%
Philosophy
80%
Calculus and Vectors
88%
Biology
77%
Chemistry
86%

Feelings pretty anxious!

Your average according to these marks is 82.5%. Queen's strictly states that cutoff for it's Science program is 84%+, thus, your chance their is sort of impossible. Western Biological and Medical Sciences program has really raised its bar this year. Anticipated cutoff for the program is around 86%, I believe. Thus, your chance their seems bad as well. I am not quite sure about Western Health Sciences, however, its average tends to be lower than BioMed's, thus, you stand a chance. Health Sciences however is not known for "Health/Biological" side. From what I have heard, it's more social science than actual science. Nonetheless, good luck! And hey, this is just my take on this issue. Hoping that you get accepted to all your programs!

How do you know the cutoff is going up this year for biomed? Just wondering because if there is a way to find out anticipated cutoffs for this year that'd be nice. Trying to get Kinesiology at Western and I'm wondering how the cutoff will differ from last year
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@HHuskies9 wrote

@MehGah wrote

@Bookworm101 wrote
My marks are currently:
Advanced Functions
81%
English
83%
Philosophy
80%
Calculus and Vectors
88%
Biology
77%
Chemistry
86%

Feelings pretty anxious!

How do you know the cutoff is going up this year for biomed? Just wondering because if there is a way to find out anticipated cutoffs for this year that'd be nice. Trying to get Kinesiology at Western and I'm wondering how the cutoff will differ from last year

There was someone in this forum that got in to Western Kin with 84% but having said that there are some of us in this forum as high as 94% and still haven't got accepted at Western Biomed and yet someone with 88 already got their acceptance letter alreday...so go figure what the cut off is going to be for any program at Western!!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted