yconic - Queen's Arts and Science/Queen's Commerce Courses
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Arts and Science/Queen's Commerce Courses

A photo of smith101 smith101
I have a question about the courses available for Queen's students first year enrolled in Arts and Science. I'm applying to Queen's Commerce but if I don't get in I have been accepted to Queen's Arts and Science so this is what my question is: Am I still able to take business courses as electives? I want to be a chartered accountant and I know that they require you to take certain business courses in university. Am I still able to take all the required courses as electives and say get a bachelor's degree in economics?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You won't be able to get them all without: taking extra courses each semester/term, taking courses in the summer, coming back for another semseter, and taking courses at other unis (not necessarily all of those, but most).

It's just a lot of work and hassle that you should avoid. I don't even know if it actually is possible. I would recommend any program that offers 51 credit-hours over Queen's Arts.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Lumos Lumos

@johnnycanuck wrote
You won't be able to get them all without: taking extra courses each semester/term, taking courses in the summer, coming back for another semseter, and taking courses at other unis (not necessarily all of those, but most).

It's just a lot of work and hassle that you should avoid. I don't even know if it actually is possible. I would recommend any program that offers 51 credit-hours over Queen's Arts.

---

See: http://www.queensu.ca/calendars/artsci/Courses_of_Instruction_5.html

Enrolment in Commerce Courses

Students may offer as many as 4.0 credits in commerce and international law as electives toward any program in the Faculty of Arts and Science. All commerce courses have a limited enrolment; preference will be given to students in the School of Business.

First-year Arts and Science students are not permitted to register in commerce courses for the Fall or Winter Terms. While no first-year student will be permitted to add a Fall Term commerce course, adding a Winter Term course will be permitted on an individual basis.

Second-, third-, and fourth-year non-Commerce students may enroll in a maximum of 2.0 commerce credits in an academic year.

Upper-year Arts and Science students planning to enroll in commerce courses for 2009-2010 must participate in registration (see Key Dates). Students who have not registered may be admitted to a commerce course during the fall registration period based on space available.

The following Commerce courses are open to non-Commerce students. Students must meet the prerequisites indicated (or their equivalents) in order to access commerce courses during registration.

---

As johnnycanuck mentions, it is not possible to get all 51 credit-hours required to begin the CA process (even if you do get in to QC -- QC students interested in pursuing their CA's finish with 39 credit-hours and take classes into the summer of their fourth year).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Yeah just don't even try.
Was this helpful? Yes 0