yconic - Queen's Arts
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Arts

A photo of Omok Omok
I've applied to Queens arts Con-ed AND Queens Arts...

-_-; and I have yet to hear ANYTHING from Queens. =/

I have a 92.5 average and am already accepted by the Trent-Queen Con-ed program...

But I haven't even heard anything from the GENERAL arts program at Queens...This is mind boggling to me, considering they take like what? 1000? arts student...any other University would've took me by now. (Or so my cocky mind tells me. =/)

So...has anyone gotten accepted into the Queens GENERAL arts program? and what was your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of Luna Luna
I was accepted to Queen's Arts last week, and my average last semester was 96. I'm sure you'll be accepted soon; I'm pretty sure the only reason I've been accepted already is because I was a Chancellor's award nominee. Queen's has definitely had some communication issues this year though, with their whole online system being updated. What's your intended major, if you don't mind me asking?

I can't wait to go to Queen's! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
I also have yet to hear back from Queen's and my average is above 90. I don't really care anymore though, since I've already decided against Queen's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Omok Omok

@Luna wrote
I was accepted to Queen's Arts last week, and my average last semester was 96. I'm sure you'll be accepted soon; I'm pretty sure the only reason I've been accepted already is because I was a Chancellor's award nominee. Queen's has definitely had some communication issues this year though, with their whole online system being updated. What's your intended major, if you don't mind me asking?

I can't wait to go to Queen's! :)

=/ I wouldn't attend Queens for just general arts, I have my eyes set on their con-current arts program (and i endearingly hope to god that they do and will take me).

But, I guess I'm interested in the social sciences...especially stuff like anthropology and sociology. XD Woman's studies seems interesting too. :D --- I'll probably explore my options in first year Uni.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Wendy_D Wendy_D
I got accepted to Queen's Arts also. My average was low to mid 90s, but I was also a Chancellor's nominee. History major! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
I went to the open house this week, and they mentioned that offers are coming out later than usual this year, because they updated their website and stuff. I got my acceptance last Friday, but then again since I was a chancellor's nominee, they've had my application since the beginning of December.I'm sure you'll get accepted soon, don't worry!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Omok Omok
:cheers: woot got in, with a 2K scholarship and 2.5K bursary. :bounce: Almost enough for first year tuition...

BUT

I'm STILL waiting to hear something, ANYTHING, from concurrent education. :batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Accepted today as well. $2000 scholarship, $2000 bursary, $2000 work-study. I'm starting to consider Queen's again now...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Omok Omok

@awaysheflew wrote
Accepted today as well. $2000 scholarship, $2000 bursary, $2000 work-study. I'm starting to consider Queen's again now...

T-T; BUT THE RESIDENCE FEES...HOLY CRAP....(yes, well, yes, I'm looking at the costs of stuff...and it's making my eyes twitch...)

11K...residence fees alone...the tuition each year is 5.5K...

16.5K T-T; books, 1K, other stupid fees, another 1K...together..about 18-20K....and other expenses (going out, buying clothing..etc..)

=/

Canadian Universities suck. It should be free like in Finland. >=O
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of seoulpower seoulpower
Wow, you guys are craazy! I got into Arts with an 88, feel kind of dumb :/
I'm also awaiting Con-Ed but with people like you, I'll have to give up on that dream ahahha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quickstrike Quickstrike
Why would you go into arts with an above 90 average? That's so dumb....go to business or con-ed
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Quickstrike wrote
Why would you go into arts with an above 90 average? That's so dumb....go to business or con-ed

Perhaps because we're more interested in Arts subjects than we are in business and have no interest in becoming teachers?
Was this helpful? Yes 0