yconic - Queen's Calculating your GPA PLEASE
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Calculating your GPA PLEASE

A photo of LivingTheLife LivingTheLife
Kind of a stupid question but after looking at many university admissions i've become very confused on how many courses Queen's looks at to calculate your average. On their website it only talks about needing Math 12 English 12 and 2 others (socials,science) over 80percent. Then it talks about needing an 87% average, what courses can your average include?

Thank you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of DayOnBay DayOnBay
For admissions to the Queen's University Bachelor of Commerce program, it is required that you have

1. A minimum of 80% in ENG4U, MCV4U, one other 4U course in mathematics.

2. Once you have satisfied that category, the average cutoff for your overall top 6 courses (including the ENG4U, MCV4U, one other 4U course in mathematics) is approximately 87%.

3. Along with satisfying the cutoff requirement, there is the Personal Statement of Experience (PSE) and Supplementary Essay (SE) which are like a extracurricular resume that gives you an opportunity to tell us about yourself. You should demonstrate that you demonstrate clear thinking, diverse interests, leadership skills, involvement in supporting their school and community, an interest in international studies, and an interest or some experience in business.

These two documents create your portfolio and will be reviewed by two Commerce readers. It is very important that you take the time and effort to plan and write both documents as if they are a combined term paper worth everything.

It is a rigorous process to apply, but Queen's Commerce is one of the premier undergraduate business programs in Canada, so put in your time to polish your application. I can assure you it is well worth the experience.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LivingTheLife LivingTheLife
Thank you very much! I live in British Columbia and on the website for the prereq's, it only says I need a Calculus 12 or a Mathematics 12. It does not say anything about a 2nd Mathematics class. 1 Math 1 english 1 science 1 socials.
Was this helpful? Yes 0