yconic - Queens Chancellor nominee acceptance question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queens Chancellor nominee acceptance question

A photo of Paaek Paaek
hey everyone, I was nominated for chancellor scholarship and applied for queens commerce. I've heard rumors of people getting accepted who were a nominee. My grade 11 average was about an 85 but my grade 12 average through 4 courses is a 93 is their any chance I can get accepted to commerce anytime soon?
Thanks for your time :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725
Did Queen's not email you last week? We're finding out about the scholarship decision by February 3rd, and if you're not selected for the scholarship, then you will find out about admissions by February 10th.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tusaani tusaani
So if you're not accepted by Feb 10th, you're rejected altogether? :/

I'm like OP... screwed around a lot in grade 11 but have okay marks this semester. But our school's exams don't even finish until Feb 2nd :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@tusaani wrote
So if you're not accepted by Feb 10th, you're rejected altogether? :/

I'm like OP... screwed around a lot in grade 11 but have okay marks this semester. But our school's exams don't even finish until Feb 2nd :/

Are you a chancellor's nominee as well?

This is what the email said, for those of you that didn't get it:

"Admission decisions for all Chancellor’s Scholarship nominees (including those that are not selected to receive a Chancellor’s Scholarship) will be made by February 10 (provided you have given us all the required information and you qualify for admission)."

I take that "if you qualify for admissions" part to mean that you will only be accepted by Feb 10th if your marks are good enough, BUT I doubt they would flat out reject you. If your marks aren't good enough, they'll probably wait to see your first semester final marks once they get submitted to OUAC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CMA2014 CMA2014
How did you even get nominated. The requirement for nomination is 90% cumulative high school average. Shame on your nominators...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555

@CMA2014 wrote
How did you even get nominated. The requirement for nomination is 90% cumulative high school average. Shame on your nominators...

Troll, no one feed the troll.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Paaek Paaek
i got the nomination because even though my marks in gr11 were not that strong I had a 95 average through 4 courses when i was given the nomination and was captain of the school hockey team and had advanced to ofssa for tennis. I just didn't put the same effort in grade 11 lol. so if they were looking at my marks now i just finished exams and marks are in friday would they look at those marks? I got the email that said feb 10th they make a decision so would they re-check those marks before their decision? thanks!! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27

@CMA2014 wrote

I think it's only 90+ average for the most recent marks (ie. Gr.11) .. Cumulative would be tough, since many people don't even know about the award since Grade 9. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe they're just looking for solid 80s/90s performance in grade 9-10, and 90+ in Grade 11/12.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Finance27 wrote

I think it's only 90+ average for the most recent marks (ie. Gr.11) .. Cumulative would be tough, since many people don't even know about the award since Grade 9. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe they're just looking for solid 80s/90s performance in grade 9-10, and 90+ in Grade 11/12.

90% isn't a strict cutoff, it's just an indication of what past winners have gotten. Although I would imagine the other parts of your application would have to be exceptional to win with less than 90%. And agreed, I think the main focus is grades 11 and 12, 80s and 90s should be sufficient for grades 9 and 10.
Was this helpful? Yes 0