yconic - Queen's Chancellors Award
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Chancellors Award

A photo of prefontaine prefontaine
Anyone know when they are going to let us know who the recipients of them are?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
17 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
No idea, but I am guessing some time around March?

But do nominees for the Chancellors Award are most likely accepted into Queen's commerce? Because we don't have to write any essays or supplements....I mean...as long as our grades are 90+, it's almost a guaranteed? Is it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Nyx Nyx
Last year they announced the recipients on feb 5

Source: long thread on the old forums
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah from I've heard we're practically in :P. Just get an 80 in calculus.

Thanks for finding that nyx. I really hope they do announce this soon, because otherwise I'll have to go to Ivey.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@prefontaine wrote
Yeah from I've heard we're practically in :P. Just get an 80 in calculus.

Thanks for finding that nyx. I really hope they do announce this soon, because otherwise I'll have to go to Ivey.

You got offer from Ivey already? o.O
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

No but I should be able to get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
According to admissions, there are over 600 applicants for chancellor's this yr. that's less than 8% chance of getting one. LOL. This is depressing ><
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemony lemony

@RadMatter wrote

But do nominees for the Chancellors Award are most likely accepted into Queen's commerce? Because we don't have to write any essays or supplements....I mean...as long as our grades are 90+, it's almost a guaranteed? Is it?

I don't think it is guaranteed. The reason why we don't write any essays or supplements is because the application for the scholarships is more intense than the PSE or Commerce Essay, so it covers for it. That's how it was explained to me, anyway. I think they receive too many chancellor's nominees to be able to accept every single one of them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blackjack blackjack

@lemony wrote

@RadMatter wrote

I don't think it is guaranteed. The reason why we don't write any essays or supplements is because the application for the scholarships is more intense than the PSE or Commerce Essay, so it covers for it. That's how it was explained to me, anyway. I think they receive too many chancellor's nominees to be able to accept every single one of them.

Hmm but chancellors noms are usually one of the best in their school. Unless nobody else in your school applied for it and you got the nom because of the lack of competition and your application sucks, I think almost everyone will get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ya it would make sense that those who applied for chancellor's would get in just because they clearly have high marks and solid extracurriculars.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemony lemony
I guess what it really depends on is how many of the chancellor's nominees are vying for commerce, since only 375 people end up accepted. Plus there are all those people who wrote the regular PSE and essay i.e. if they didn't know where they wanted to apply or what for before December 1 but were still very strong students.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@Haru wrote
According to admissions, there are over 600 applicants for chancellor's this yr. that's less than 8% chance of getting one. LOL. This is depressing ><

Yeah, but that's more of a chance than with tons of other scholarships...Western only has like 5 (don't quote me) of similar value...Mcgill has hardly any big ones... There's even only 10 or so of the TD. there's almost 80 scolarships from Queens, so i think it's still a much much better chance than any of the others.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of echan59100 echan59100
lots of stress coming my way, i really want to go to queens.. and the chance of me getting the chancellor's award next year? sadly very slim :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Is chancellor's based on top 6? :cheese:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of InstantNoodler InstantNoodler
AAAAHHHHHH I check my Queen's Portal like at least three times per day. NOTHING has changed.

On the portal, though, it says "PeopleSoft Student Administration will be unavailable Friday, Feb 4 @5pm until Sunday, Feb 6 @7pm."

Does this mean they're changing Chancellor's kids' statuses? I saw on last year's thread that the first round of Chancellor's nominees were notified on Feb 5th... then other notifications followed and all of the nominees got accepted regardless of whether they got the scholarship or not...(I think & hope)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of InstantNoodler InstantNoodler

@cbonnie wrote
Is chancellor's based on top 6? :cheese:

I thought they look at your ENTIRE high school transcript holistically... so like if you've done well in your 9, 10, 11 years ... it should help to indicate your performance in grade 12.
Was this helpful? Yes 0