yconic - Queen's Chancellor's Scholarship 2017/18!!
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Chancellor's Scholarship 2017/18!!

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hey so I was looking around for one of these updated threads but couldn't seem to find one so I thought I'd make one! Just thought of making this as an update thread on applications/acceptances. 

EDIT: Got a request to change this to a Queen's Commerce Thread lol there do seem to be a lot of people here for commerce
Was this helpful? Yes 2
1244 replies

Guys! Somone just made a post that they were accepted into Queen's Commerce on another thread.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

post a link to the thread
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Never mind. It was a troll. Don't worry.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Calm down holy
Was this helpful? Yes 0

So the earliest we could know is January 2nd?!?!?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Queen's reopens on the 2nd. Admissions could be on a totally different schedule. If someone has information I don't know about correct me. 
Was this helpful? Yes 0

They most likely won't be dishing out acceptances as soon as they get back. They'll take a few days to get everything back on track.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Last year, a good number of commerce applicants got accepted in the first and last week of January!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Anyone know if their references were contacted?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

References? I believe we were only required to provide ONE reference....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'd also like to know if anyone's reference was contacted yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I don't think they contact references. The requirement was only one reccomendation letter, so I believe that is suffice to gauge the applicants personality. In terms of providing proof for activities, it is in the virtue of the applicant to state only what is true.
Was this helpful? Yes 2

tomorrow guyssss!!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

LOL I'm not even going to expect any acceptances anymore. They will come when they come.
Was this helpful? Yes 2

Is there a chance for them to come out tomorrow or is it more waiting?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

More waiting. 100 percent
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I figured if we use contrary statements, the opposite might occur. So.....I HOPE WE DONT GET ACCEPTANCES ANYTIME SOON!
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Maybe tomorrow?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Last year people were accepted on the 5th. TBH, I don't really care anymore. Just gonna live my lyfe LOOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah, but last year acceptances also came out in December. If they want to change up their admission dates for this year then we can't complain, but this waiting game is killing me lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I just got into Arts. Still waiting on Commerce.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Did you get in today? So is the Queen's Admission's Office starting to send out offers again? I guess we may have hope for commerce to come this week, but I'm not going to get too excited. It'll come when it comes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yes heard today.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I hope it's this week!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Why can't they just send out acceptances? Smh
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I don't think until tomorrow (hopefully!!) or next week commerce will get accepted.
I don't know why they are waiting so long, but they probably have a good reason. 
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This is strange not going to lie, all programs it seems like but commerce...........
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ya....do you think if someone emails them, they will explain the situation? Or at least give us some closure LOOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I highly doubt it admissions are a bunch of savs, trying would never hurt tho
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I wanted to ask them when we could expect them to start sending out admissions, but I assumed that they would just be vague in their answers like "soon" or something.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

they told me they don't know when each faculty sends out. The general "admissions" email is just people who know about as much as we do : /
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Why is commerce so late this year. I thought the benefit of chancellors was early acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ya it sucks. If we applied last year, most of us would have already been accepted!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Admissions is just toying with us now. I feel like this year, they want to send out acceptances to Chancellor's and Non-Chancellor's at the same time so they'll wait until the end of January.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Why would it be the end of January? Isn't the deadline to apply for commerce mid February?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

After the initial December round last year, they sent out another round of admissions in late January and then again in mid-February.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh, I was aware the earliest non chancellors can be accepted is mid February (after the deadline)....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Am I the only chancellor nominee on here that applied to science honours that hasn't gotten acceptance yet? (I know there are a lot of commerce applicants still waiting)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

What was your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

It was 93% grade 11 so maybe they are only giving out over 95% at this point?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I also haven't don't worry my grade 11 was like 90
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah, all the science early acceptances at my school have been for 95%+ in grade 11. One of my friends submitted earlier than I did but hasn't received an acceptance despite a 94.7 (unlucky lol). Don't sweat it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm still waiting! I applied to science from BC with an 97% average. Don't worry!
Was this helpful? Yes 1

I applied through chancellor's into science honours and got accepted early Dec. It's weird that you haven't gotten it yet..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I applied through chancellor's into science honours and have a predicted 45 in IB.. Haven't gotten an acceptance so I don't think it's too weird!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Commerce tho...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If they decide to give out acceptances with non chancellors, I think the earliest we could wish for is the end of February.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

As a science kid, A prayer for all those suffering commerce students out there;;
Was this helpful? Yes 2

Much appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0