yconic - Queen's Commerce : Goodes Hall Expansion Video
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Commerce : Goodes Hall Expansion Video

A photo of axiom2true axiom2true
Check out the rendered fly-through here: http://business.queensu.ca/goodes_hall_expansion/index.php#player
[If the link doesn't work, see the video on the right side]

Some other cool stuff here, like the live webcam of the construction:
http://business.queensu.ca/goodes_hall_expansion/index.php

Cool stuff. Target finish date is late 2011, early 2012!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of fullforceRC fullforceRC
Which means we get to see the "opening ceremony" of the new Goodes Hall :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Serendipity Serendipity
:D?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
It looks kinda weird since Goodes is old architecture and the expansion is modern and mostly glass.

Should be good though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of axiom2true axiom2true

@johnnycanuck wrote
It looks kinda weird since Goodes is old architecture and the expansion is modern and mostly glass.

Should be good though.

Actually, I believe the same architect who built the original Goodes Hall "update" is the same one who designed the expansion. So design-wise, I think it'll be quite cohesive, with that stone-glass-wood feel that the current Goodes Hall has.

I think it'll be great. Plus it'll be done for our first year. Over the next few years, one has to believe this will only add to the power of the QC program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QueensHSL2011 QueensHSL2011

@axiom2true wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

Should be good though.

Actually, I believe the same architect who built the original Goodes Hall "update" is the same one who designed the expansion. So design-wise, I think it'll be quite cohesive, with that stone-glass-wood feel that the current Goodes Hall has.

I think it'll be great. Plus it'll be done for our first year. Over the next few years, one has to believe this will only add to the power of the QC program.

The old expansion (where most of the first year classes are) is also very modern and fits well with the new expansion currently being built. There is some old and will be a lot of new architecture. Most of the old school part has been completely renovated to modern standards, with just the old brick structure (of the old Victoria School) still remaining.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@axiom2true wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

Should be good though.

I'm talking about the old stone and brick building and the expansions. The glass doesn't agree with the stone/brick building. Kind of unappealing from the outside for me.

https://comsoc.queensu.ca/home/images/stories/goodes1.gif

This picture shows it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0