yconic - Queen's Commerce Acceptances 2016/2017
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Commerce Acceptances 2016/2017

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Accepted this morning! Anyone else get in ??
Was this helpful? Yes 3
554 replies

Yeah, got the email this morning as well! Congrats, and are you accepting?
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Yes I will be. How about you??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Still waiting on Ivey before I make my final choice, I've been indecisive all year!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Were you a chancellor ? Have you submitted essays yet ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I was a chancellor's nominee. Best of luck if ur applying!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Im still waiting for engineering acceptances ahh
Was this helpful? Yes 1

I know someone who was a chancellor nominee who got in this morning.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I was accepted this morning as a Chancellor's Nominee. I'm almost 100% that I'll be accepting my offer, so hopefully I'll see you there next year! Best of luck to any other applicants!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Congratulations to those who got accepted today! What were your grade 11 averages, extracurriculars etc...?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Got in this morning. I think my average was 99% for top five (I finished all my grade 12 courses and am only taking APs at my school with electives to stay full-time... I believe my grade 11 average was 99% too) and I was a Chancellor nominee - anyone know when we find out if we got the Chancellor?
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Lol 99%???
Was this helpful? Yes 1

I got accepted this morning too! I was a chancellor's nominee. Good luck to all other applicants.  Maybe I'll see you next year!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I haven't yet applied to queens commerce but I am planning on it. I will have the 87+ average but i am skeptical about if my extra curricular will do. I have been captain of my school's soccer team for the past 2 seasons, I also play soccer outside of school, I am an active volunteer with a Childrens foundation, I volunteer coaching soccer, and in the past i have babysat as well as volunteered for a local baseball team. I don't really have any significant academic or community awards in the past 4 years. 
Everybody please let me know what my chances are and if I should apply:) thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

The main thing about Commerce is how you write your PSE and supp app. You don't need to have awards if you can stress on how you have leadership. Focus on being unique and tie in your activities into your answers, but remember to stress how you exemplify the commerce student characteristics. If you think that you can write well, then apply! It's better to try then not try at all.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If commerce is the program you're interested in I think you should apply. You meet the cutoff average and it seems like you have some meaningful extracurriculars. Best of luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Will there be more chancellor commerce acceptances after this first wave? Still waiting on offer ...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Will chancellor's acceptances keep rolling out day by day, or do they come out in waves? Is there still a chance of getting accepted before Christmas if I haven't been accepted yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I think it's day by day as they do rolling admissions... I havent been accepted to Queens engineering as of right now and I am also a chancellor nominee. Which program did you apply to?
Was this helpful? Yes 1

I applied to Commerce as a chancellor's nominee. Best of luck! Hoping to hear back before Christmas.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Accepted past Tuesday. Already responded yes to my offer. See you all at Queen's in September. Best of luck to those waiting to hear back.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Did you guys find the essay questions difficult?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I applied for commerce as a chancellor's nominee, but haven't yet been accepted. Do I still have a chance? Will there be another wave of chancellor's acceptances soon??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

im in the same boat as you. i think they accepted people based off their grade 11 marks being 90+. i think they will start accepting again once grade 12 1st sem marks come in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Have any non-chancellor applicants received any offers yet? I have submitted my PSE and essays. All I need to do now is obtain my transcript so I can upload it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I dont think so!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

For those who have completed the supplementary applications, how does process work?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Do they send an email first?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Queens sent out more offers today... anyone get in for commerce?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I got accepted to commerce with a 85 grade 11 average, 89 grade 12... I was a chancellor's nominee
Was this helpful? Yes 4

Well done.  I thought you had to have 90+ grades in each year of high school to be considered for Chancellor's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I had a 90+ throughout high school, the 85 grade 11 average was just calculated from my prerequisite and university credits, and did not include the others which brought my average up
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i wasn't a chancellors nominee, but have a 90+ average and pretty good EC's id say, but still waiting on an acceptance. does  anyone know when the first wave for commerce acceptances will come out if you're not a chancellors?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This week.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

you know that for sure?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ya
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This week when ? Its already friday?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

offers come out starting this week, so if u didn't get it this week, then wait for next week. I believe Queen's usually send out their offers around 2:00pm - 3:00pm on Wednesdays, but it's not definite.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

like your saying they are going to start sending out offers to non chancellors?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ya.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

just got accepted. Chancellor's nominee. 94% avg with all top 6 courses except calculus.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I got accepted to commerce yesterday with a 88.7 average! Once you meet the 87 cutoff grades don't matter! It is all about the extracurriculars. Good luck everyone.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

were you a chancellor ???
Was this helpful? Yes 0

when did you submit your PSE and SE? a while ago? congrats!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Are all the non-Ontario students supposed to receive their QC offers by now?
Was this helpful? Yes 0