yconic - Queen's Commerce Acceptances 2016/2017
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Commerce Acceptances 2016/2017

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Accepted this morning! Anyone else get in ??
Was this helpful? Yes 3
554 replies

Rejected. :( Looks like its Rotman or Desautels.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

It's okay! Both great universities. If you go to either, you most likely won't care by the end of your four years! good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 2

Thanks. You to
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I didn't get an email
Was this helpful? Yes 0

no acceptances or waitlists?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

rejected
Was this helpful? Yes 0

rejected
Was this helpful? Yes 0

RE-JE-CT-ED! What does that spell? Rejected. Was it our fault? Probably not considering their unorganized system.
Was this helpful? Yes 2

They have the same cycle every year. Final offers go out a week before final rejections which is always the last Friday. In between they offer waitlist spots . They say they are making final decisions until the last day eg may 19, but some people are interpreting that as making final offers. Not unorganized, just misinterpreted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm talking about how people that get into all the other business programs but this one. They couldn't have had That bad a supp, at least not all of the 93%+ I am seeing.
Was this helpful? Yes 2

^ it's somewhat easier to get into the other business programs because they tend to weigh grades higher than the supplementaries.  You  need to have an outstanding supp to be made an offer to QC  and tick all the boxes that Queen's is looking for.  A list of accomplishments and experiences isn't going to cut it, you have to sell yourself to tick those boxes.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

This post was deleted

OOkaay buddy no need to twist your own nippless
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^^ typical loser who got in trying to say say how hard it is to get into this program, lmao.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

^ Dude it's an Canadian undergrad program, you're acting like its Wharton Business School. And no I didn't get rejected, I got accepted and will be attending in September. This program is not that hard to get into. I personally have friends in the program who say that there are kids in the program who shouldn't be in the program, let alone any university. These kids most likely lied on their application or got their parents/someone to write for them (or their rich daddy's got them in). Thats the harsh reality. Some deserving kids who write their own essays and are truthful about their EC's get rejected or waitlisted to this program. 

Queen's needs to be more like Ivey and check references more often and more in depth. 
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

By "one of a kind" did you mean start joining clubs in Grade 12, barely score an 87%, and then pay someone to write your essay about how much you've learned about Africa in the humanitarian club as an "exec"? Lol 

This is what my friend did and she's laughing all the way to QC. How's that for "one of a kind?" At least some Canadian b-schools actually contact references for the validity of your activities. 

The ignorance in this thread is hilarious and painful at the same time. So grateful I'm going to Stern. Peace out.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Truth! only 2 people at our school were accepted! One was a perfect person, of course she would be accepted. President of everything, loved by everyone, great at writing and speaking and communication in general. 
The second one though, is a complete and utter joke. I'm surprised she even had an 89 average? And she was like only on sports teams. No community involvement. And terrible at writing too, but was smart enough to get a really great English teacher to edit her essays. But if Queen's accepts someone like that, most of our school doesn't feel so bad for being rejected. Queen's seems to want either Class Presidents or dumb but sociable jocks. 
Was this helpful? Yes 2

#rejected, desautels anyone?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

For those of you waitlisted. Does it still say waitlist on Solus. Because I got waitlisted and submitted my name and student number on the Waitlist early last week. But now on solus is says pending. Is that because they have now added me on waitlist and have began the process or does it still say waitlist for all of you too
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah, same here. Probably going to call them up on Tuesday just to see if they can tell me how long the waitlist is
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Sorry so just making sure. You submitted your Waitlist and then a few days later your solus went back to pending right. Also do u have any idea what happens if they accept us later (Mid June). Are we still guaranteed residence cuz res payments will be long due.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah, so our SOLUS' have gone back to saying pending for those of us that accepted to be waitlisted. As for residence, I'm sure they'll have something available.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Sweet I hope we both get in! Il find u during frosh and we'll get smashed together
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Mine says pending
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If we get in ladies and gentlemen, round on me lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

For those who are wait listed, the chances are very slim, move on....guys
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You on the waitlist?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Would it be too much work to transfer from QComm to Ivey? Should I just take AEO? I like the Queen's campus but would much rather graduate from Ivey.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Wait what?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

can you read? he's asking if he should transfer or just take the AEO route. lol
Was this helpful? Yes 2

^ Can you read? Answer the damn question and also, don't be so snappy. She/He didn't understand and neither did I at first.

My advice is that if Ivey is what you want, then do anything you can to get there. Get tutors, get advice, and keep a great work ethic. I am transferring to the university I want to go to despite literally everybody telling me not to.  Too much work isn't going to be too much work if you really want Ivey.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

imo, you should just take AEO. Tuition for Qcomm is 15k (ish) each year, compared to Western's 7k for the first 2 years. Then if you transfer to Ivey Business School, you'll be forking over 30k per year. Idk, if i were you, I'd save my money and just go to Western if Ivey was your end goal
Was this helpful? Yes 3

This post was deleted

Quit asking peoples opinions on what you should do. You're going to end up doing what you want anyway, random kids opinions don't make a difference. Do what you want.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I believe that YCONIC should be used to get information on things from upper years, not peers. Of course, everybody has personal experiences at any stage but, the real info is coming straight from the universities/colleges or upper years.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Did anyone's status change from pending
Was this helpful? Yes 0

For me once I submitted my name to the waitlist last week, solus changed it from "you've been waitlisted" to pending. On Tuesday pending was changed back to waitlisted
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Anyone taking on debt to go to Queens?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Honestly got a trust fund and RESP and because my mom is retired she makes less than 20k a year so I qualify for like $7900 in grants...I know, unfair right.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Why do you have a trust fund when your mom doesn't make more than 20K?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

The tuition is scaring me away from the program!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well my moms retired so in order to sustain herself she only needs to take out like lesss then 20k a year from her RRSP so thats all she needs to claim. She owns the house and cars outright, she barely has any expenses, and we don't live in an expensive city compared to the GTA/Toronto. I have in no means been raised a privileged life, just by older parents who have lived very well within their means not making anymore then 40k a year combined for most of their lives. Just invested and saved their money very well and never took on debt.
Well the trust fund of course came from where a trust fund typically comes from...a deceased relative or parent. 
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ohhh! Sorry, when I think trust fund I think of every kid in Upper Manhattan spending thousands on literally whatever they want. Today, they're probably spending it on those dumbass fidget things.
Was this helpful? Yes 2

^Aha, it's okay, my situations unique! I actually hate touching it because I am the type where I find greater pleasure working towards things rather than just taking it out of the trust. Honestly, though, those Upper Manhattan kids probably are! XD
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Wow I have to pay 20 k, no grants and my parents didn't save crap.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Debt is the reason why I am considering rotman more than queen's commerce and ivey. My parents have nothing saved up and I don't want to have an enourmous amoubt of debt when I graduate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm completely torn between QC and Ivey, idk where to go. Can I pleaase get some opinions about this.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If u want a better job Ivey
Was this helpful? Yes 1

If you want a higher chance of stacking piles on Wall Street 5 years from now, I'd say Ivey lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Just got accepted from the waiting list :) already accepted Ivey tho...
Was this helpful? Yes 1

U gonna switch?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Same! Tough choice but I'm leaning towards Ivey rn
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Got accepted from the waitlist!
Was this helpful? Yes 1

When did u get the email?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yesterday afternoon
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Is there anyway to find out how far down on the waitlist we are?? I've wanted to go to queen's since I was like 12 and being waitlisted has broke my heart haha but I'm still trying to be hopeful! 
I need to decide otherwise betwen McGill Deautels or Ivey AEO today!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Your McGill offer likely expired on May 25th, if your're from ON like me
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My McGill has expired but I am going to Queens
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Queen's is overrated. Spending 100 k to get a commerce degree and a 55 000 paying job like every other top ranked business school is ridiculous. If it'd not ivey business it doesn't matter where you go because you'll end up getting am average job.... My older sister went to Queens commerce and graduated with a 50 000 finance job whereas my other sister went to schulich and pulled a similar job... My cousin on the other hand graduated from ivey and is working in finance making 80 k a year second year out of uni.
Was this helpful? Yes 2

It is also about how you applied yourself.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

I don't think money is a factor if you can afford it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Those anecdotal examples mean absolutely nothing.  You could probably find many QC  or Schulich grads with those 80k jobs and Ivey grads with the 50k jobs.  You're forgetting individual characteristics and experiences when you're making these mindless comparisons.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Haha look at the employement and salary reports and you'll see there is no difference between business school's unless you go to ivey. All stats, it's not an subjective opinion it's fact.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

^ New replier: So, are you saying Ivey pays the highest? I just read an article saying that Ivey HBA ranks the highest among these in QS and are very favoured by employers
Was this helpful? Yes 1

This is why I'm considering Ivey aeo over Queen's even though I'm head over heels for the queens campus/community. It's around the same tuition, but the employment reports for Ivey are much better... Of course there will always be grads who will fall under/above the "average"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Stfu you're all nerds who will never become wealthy
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Unless you're parents are already then I mean.. Even the Zuckerberg Chan baby will be wealthy with the few million it's going to get after the 99% charity donation and whatever they spend
Was this helpful? Yes 0