yconic - Queens Commerce Conditional Acceptance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queens Commerce Conditional Acceptance

A photo of Stealth1727 Stealth1727
Just wondering for all those that have already recieved their acceptance package from Queens commerce, what is the conditional acceptance they expect? Got in yesterday and waiting for package. :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 1
16 replies

A photo of QueensHSL2011 QueensHSL2011
For Commerce, you need to maintain an 80% average. This is calculated using the same courses that were calculated for your entrance average (Top 6 incl. prerequisites of English, Calculus and Functions/Data).
Was this helpful? Yes 1

A photo of QCman QCman
For IB students maintain a 30 with a 5 in math and English.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stealth1727 Stealth1727

@QueensHSL2011 wrote
For Commerce, you need to maintain an 80% average. This is calculated using the same courses that were calculated for your entrance average (Top 6 incl. prerequisites of English, Calculus and Functions/Data).

yes, but does this mean i need to finish calculus with an 80+ average, because im taking it now in second semester. Lets say I accept Queen's offer before June 2 but then dont finish calculus above 80%, what happens to my acceptance if this does apply.

thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 1

A photo of ninaaftermath ninaaftermath

@Stealth1727 wrote

@QueensHSL2011 wrote

yes, but does this mean i need to finish calculus with an 80+ average, because im taking it now in second semester. Lets say I accept Queen's offer before June 2 but then dont finish calculus above 80%, what happens to my acceptance if this does apply.

thanks

^ I need to know this too. I keep getting different responses from people. Someone from Queen's told me that the final marks for prerequisite courses need to be above 80 as well. It wouldn't make much sense though... because the final overall average only needs to be 80+, so shouldn't the minimum requirement for individual courses be lower? For example, Schulich 's conditional offer average is 85% with minimum 75% in prerequisite courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QCman QCman
i dont know for ontario schools but for IB students they require you maintain a specific grade for the prerequisites as well as an overall average so i can only imagine its the same for you guys.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of baller7 baller7
Do you know when Queen's would give more admissions? Would it be Fri. of next week?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SiobhanE SiobhanE
I just received my package yesterday and it says maintain an 80+ average, AND an 80+ in all prerequisite courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

A photo of IBDiplomaStudent IBDiplomaStudent

@QCman wrote
For IB students maintain a 30 with a 5 in math and English.

Is this for SL? so if the condition for SL Math is a 5, wouldn't the condition for HL Math be a 4? Or is it the same...? I'm waiting for my package, it is supposed to come on Monday
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QCman QCman
nope i took HL math, condition was still a 5.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QueensHSL2011 QueensHSL2011

@SiobhanE wrote
I just received my package yesterday and it says maintain an 80+ average, AND an 80+ in all prerequisite courses.

Yep, that's correct.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IBDiplomaStudent IBDiplomaStudent
How strict are the conditions?
Say one gets over the condition for the IB Diploma (30+) but a 4 in HL Math..would the offer be revoked?
Was this helpful? Yes 1

A photo of QCman QCman
call them right away if it happens and 90% chance they will let it slide and make you see and academic advisor at the start of the year. Commerce is very dedicated to keeping you in the program and making sure you gain success, they aren't interested in weeding you out.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

This post was deleted

A photo of baller7 baller7
Do you know when Queen's would give more admissions? Would it be Fri. of next week? Im very anxious about getting my offer, BUT, patience is a virtue....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mvplayur mvplayur
If your calculus mark finishes in the high 70s will your offer get revoked? or will you have the opportunity to improve your mark in summer school?
Was this helpful? Yes 1