yconic - Queens Commerce Course Requirements - What do I need to include in my top 6?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queens Commerce Course Requirements - What do I need to include in my top 6?

A photo of athrunxo athrunxo
On the Commerce Website I found this:
■English 4U, Calculus and Vectors 4U, one additional 4U course in Mathematics with minimum English and Mathematics grades of 80%. No more than two 4M courses may be used from any discipline (Arts, Business Studies, Canadian and World Studies, Languages, Math and Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, Health and Physical Education, or Technological Education).

Does this mean that Calculus and one other math has to be included in my top 6? My math marks aren't looking that great this year and I was hoping to replace them with other U courses such as Economics & World Issues.
Was this helpful? Yes 1
3 replies

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
You can't 'replace' them, you don't choose what's going to be in your Top 6,

It's the Prereqs + your top 3 courses

And yes that does mean one another math has to be included in your Top 6. Why don't you take data? That's what everyone does, because it tends to be easier math courses at the 4U level.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of athrunxo athrunxo
I took Data last year. I found it quite challenging and I'm not very satisfied with my mark. If I have Calculus next semester, does that mean they look at my midterm Calculus mark?

Also do you know if Queens has early acceptances?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
Yep, they look at your mid term mark. Oh, then take Geometry or Advanced Functions next semester? Unless you took those already too.

But yee, damn Queen's has some very specific requirements and they're so damn selective.

I remember reading up on some of the old threads from April 2010, and I seen a couple of people that had early acceptances because they were chancellor nominees... but I don't think they give out that many.
Was this helpful? Yes 0