yconic - Queen's Commerce NON-CHANCELLOR NOMINEE Acceptances (Ontario)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Commerce NON-CHANCELLOR NOMINEE Acceptances (Ontario)

A photo of JCP JCP
I haven't gotten my acceptance yet, but this is just a thread for all the anxious Ontarians out there waiting for their QC acceptances. This will hopefully easier to get straight to the info we care about, no more digging through the crowded main thread. Just thought it would help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
27 replies

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Does anyone know if there have been any Ontario non-chancellor's nominee acceptances AT ALL? AT ALL?! Like, one guy? One poster on student awards? ANYONE?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17
There has been a couple on SAF that have been non chancellors..

and yes im waiting on it anxiously.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of slader23 slader23
Yo I`m pretty sure they will be coming sometime this week or next week...because I messaged Cindy Price an advisor at the commerce program and she told me that they would start reading them on April 9th and offers should come out mid to late April....so i`m guessing were on the latter half of that wave of acceptances...heres some proof if you dont believe me...

Hi Albert: We will be reading the majority of the PSE's on April 9th, so the offers should start going out in mid-to-late April. I know that seems like a long time to wait, but you don't have to make your final decision for quite a while.

Take care, Cindy

yes..my name is Albert...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JCP JCP
If they are going to do a wave this week then it will probably be tomorrow, seeing as Friday is Good Friday. I dont really see them sending offers out on a holiday aha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17

@slader23 wrote
Yo I`m pretty sure they will be coming sometime this week or next week...because I messaged Cindy Price an advisor at the commerce program and she told me that they would start reading them on April 9th and offers should come out mid to late April....so i`m guessing were on the latter half of that wave of acceptances...heres some proof if you dont believe me...

Hi Albert: We will be reading the majority of the PSE's on April 9th, so the offers should start going out in mid-to-late April. I know that seems like a long time to wait, but you don't have to make your final decision for quite a while.

Take care, Cindy

yes..my name is Albert...

oo nice.. im really hoping tomorrow? but wow this mid to late april is what we hear all the time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of slader23 slader23
yea man like I even messaged the main commerce fb page on the 15th asking if they were any offers coming out on the 15th....they said they would come SOON as they were ALMOST done the second round of PSE`s so SOON may be tomorrow! Make sure to Pst here as soon as You Know cuz I know I WILL!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
lol I hope you guys get in, you guys sound like you really want it. Good luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Matthew Matthew

@onlymatthew wrote
Does anyone know if there have been any Ontario non-chancellor's nominee acceptances AT ALL? AT ALL?! Like, one guy? One poster on student awards? ANYONE?!

My friend got in, non-chancellors, 90 average, about two weeks ago. He had an amazing PSE and essays though. The funny thing is Queens is his sixth choice, all the Chancellors nominess wanted to slap him :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smarty1 smarty1
C'mon Queen's... :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Matthew wrote

@onlymatthew wrote

My friend got in, non-chancellors, 90 average, about two weeks ago. He had an amazing PSE and essays though. The funny thing is Queens is his sixth choice, all the Chancellors nominess wanted to slap him :D

I can confirm that this is not bs, I actually went and saw his OUAC code, cause we all go to the same school.

He was an exception though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fullforceRC fullforceRC
I also doubt that acceptances will be going out tomorrow lol... If you guys haven't seen the link already, there's some pictures of people reading the PSEs in Toronto: http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150161190008614.302866.44090283613

After so much anticipation I think most of us will treasure our Queen's acceptances :D lol... hope I get in and get to meet some of you this coming September!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Serendipity Serendipity
Good luck guys :) Hope to see you at Queen's this September!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I think acceptances will probably start next week because not all schools have put in their mid terms. It would makes sense if they wait so all (or the majority) of the schools have sent students' mid-term marks to OUAC because then no one is at a disadvantage in that sense.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Luluwei Luluwei
Would I have a chance to get into Queen's with a 88-89% average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of waazup waazup
What's a PSE?

Is work experience necessary for Queen's?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Luluwei wrote
Would I have a chance to get into Queen's with a 88-89% average?

Yes anything above 87% they will read your PSE and apparently they take the PSE seriously. So you, for example, can get in with a strong PSE as opposed to a person with a 95% average with a crappy one.

@waazup wrote
What's a PSE?

Is work experience necessary for Queen's?

PSE is a personal statement of experience. It basically gets you to fill in your extracurriculars, work experience, awards you have won. Basically anything worth noting that puts you "above and beyond" what others may have.

Work experience is not necessary, but it does not hurt at all.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of waazup waazup
^ Thanks.

I was looking at a PSE outline.

For part c), it talks about fulltime, part time, or unpaid employment. If I haven't had any work experience, does volunteer count as unpaid employment? Thanks. Could I list it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@waazup wrote
^ Thanks.

I was looking at a PSE outline.

For part c), it talks about fulltime, part time, or unpaid employment. If I haven't had any work experience, does volunteer count as unpaid employment? Thanks.

Not sure if it does or not (that's a good question). More community service hours shows that you are a more involved individual which thus further increases your chances (so like if you want more hours, help out at local events this summer since you're grade 11, etc.)

Mind you getting a job will help you pay for Queen's hahaha it's not cheap ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessiexo jessiexo

@Username81 wrote

Yes anything above 87% they will read your PSE and apparently they take the PSE seriously. So you, for example, can get in with a strong PSE as opposed to a person with a 95% average with a crappy one.

The PSE may help the 87% get in, but I highly doubt they would take that over someone with a 95% average. The PSE helps but it's still a university and they weigh academics heavily. It's not like EVERYONE who is over 87% has the exact same chance.

Like... I got early admission to Science @ Queen's (94.5%, IB Diploma) and I can tell you that my PSE was crap... I wrote it in 20 minutes during French class cuz I didn't feel like paying attention.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JCP JCP
any yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QueensHSL2011 QueensHSL2011

@jessiexo wrote

@Username81 wrote

The PSE may help the 87% get in, but I highly doubt they would take that over someone with a 95% average. The PSE helps but it's still a university and they weigh academics heavily. It's not like EVERYONE who is over 87% has the exact same chance.

Like... I got early admission to Science @ Queen's (94.5%, IB Diploma) and I can tell you that my PSE was crap... I wrote it in 20 minutes during French class cuz I didn't feel like paying attention.

This is a common misconception regarding the Queen's admissions process because the importance of the PSE differs for each faculty. In the Arts and Science faculty, the PSE is read for students whose marks are on the lower end of the spectrum. However, this isn't the case in the Commerce faculty. The PSE of each student with an average over the cut-off (generally 87%) is read and marked independently on their grades. An offer of admission is then extended based on the quality of the PSE; academics are not as important. jessiexo is right to say that a candidate with a strong PSE would be extended an offer over someone with a weak PSE, regardless of their marks. Hope that helps!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JCP JCP
Getting this thread accessible for tomorrow, crossing my fingers!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fullforceRC fullforceRC

@JCP wrote

Gl!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mxfire mxfire

@JCP wrote

Are a majority of the acceptances going out tomorrow or something?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JCP JCP
well HSL has said that more offers to come later this week, and they only sent out a few on wednesday. plus historically lots of queens offers go out on fridays. just being hopeful haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0